Whitelist By Domain to Always View Attachments [Paid]

Kevin

Paid Request: Send me a PC with your estimated cost.

I'm looking for a way to create a whitelist of domains that can always view attachments regardless of the visitors actual usergroup permissions.

For example, if my site is on MainSite.com and a request comes from SecondarySite.com (they'd be viewing as a guest) then they can view attachments regardless of the permissions set up in the ACP for the guest usergroup.

You can get as fancy as you'd like (eg: creating a new Options group in the ACP) or basic (eg: hard-coding the whitelisted domains in the listener) but the one limitation is that it must be done using an XF listener and not by hacking up any existing XF code. I know I need to be looking at extending the Attachment model but I'm just not seeing the full picture at the moment of how exactly to go about it. :X3:

Not sure what is in the XF road map, but my old forum had a whitelist/blacklist feature where you could update it by downloading from their site AND/OR add various ranges of IP's......also had a "nation" part where you can block roughly by country.

My forum, and many others, are quite specific in terms of where the visitors come from and I can live with not allowing chinese, indians, pakistanis, etc. to register. If there needed to be an exception (which I have never had), they could always contact me.

Not sure what is in the XF road map, but my old forum had a whitelist/blacklist feature where you could update it by downloading from their site AND/OR add various ranges of IP's......also had a "nation" part where you can block roughly by country.

My forum, and many others, are quite specific in terms of where the visitors come from and I can live with not allowing chinese, indians, pakistanis, etc. to register. If there needed to be an exception (which I have never had), they could always contact me.
Different kind of whitelist. ;) The bit of code that Ragtek worked up for me was to allow a visitors from a specified domain to always download attachments regardless of their assigned usergroup permissions.

Top Bottom