XF 1.4 White page, and forgot admin password.

Hecter

Let me prefix this by saying this isn't my functioning xenforo site however I need material from it as its an old site I owned with someone else. The problem is he deleted the site although I managed to backup the database as well as the forums itself.

I need to be able to access the admin panel of the site in order to get custom mods that we had created on the site for my new site as they are pretty unique to our site, or indeed were unique to our site.

I don't really care about the white page (well its a 503 now) however I cannot request a new password because of it, so this is stopping me accessing the admin panel, I obviously have access to the mySQL part of the site as well as all the files through FTP, how can I get this functioning so that I can get what I need from it?

Do the add-ons have any associated php or other files?
Accessing the ACP won't actually help with regards to those, although it would allow you to export the .xml files.

You would need access to the server files to get any php or other files.

If the ACP is returning a 503 then you won't be able to log in anyway, even if you do have a working user name and password.

I already have the files, its the addon xml I need, or can I get that from the mySQL part of the site? And just inject it to the new site?

Also the admin is accessible however its asking for an upgrade and running me to install.

When you say the "admin is accessible", does that mean you have the log in credentials now?

You can disable any pending upgrade by adding this to the config.php file:
PHP:
$config['checkVersion'] = false;

When you say the "admin is accessible", does that mean you have the log in credentials now?

You can disable any pending upgrade by adding this to the config.php file:
PHP:
$config['checkVersion'] = false;

I manage to get the password changed through the mySQL, but something very odd is happening between the old database I uploaded and my own live site, its cross reporting members and messages etc, also I cannot export any of the addons.

Do you have a cache configured in your config.php file? You will likely want to remove that from the old site at least. It sounds like both sites were writing to the same cache entries.

Do you have a cache configured in your config.php file? You will likely want to remove that from the old site at least. It sounds like both sites were writing to the same cache entries.

Yes, thats solved the cross site issue thankfully. For some reason though I cannot export any of the addons been doing my head in this as you can imagine. I can't figure it out but I'm betting its something simple that I have missed.

What happens when you click export for an add-on?

Its not an option, I hover over control and only get 3 options export isn't one of them. I have trashed the database and will try upload it again to see if it corrects the problem, I'm thinking that perhaps with the sites cross contaminating each other it caused some sort of issue.

Top Bottom