• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Whisper 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberAP

Attachments

• promo.webp
    promo.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 5,733
  • screenshot1.webp
    screenshot1.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 428
  • screenshot2.webp
    screenshot2.webp
    46 KB · Views: 365
  • screenshot3.webp
    screenshot3.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 344
  • screenshot4.webp
    screenshot4.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 346
  • screenshot5.webp
    screenshot5.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 346
  • node icon small.psd
    node icon small.psd
    31.3 KB · Views: 19
  • logo (whisper).psd
    logo (whisper).psd
    99.7 KB · Views: 19
  • whisper-2 1.0.1.zip
    whisper-2 1.0.1.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 57
Nicely done. Do you have a live demo? I'm curious to see whether the CSS3 gradients actually make the style appear slower because the browser has to render all of them instead of simply using images... :)

How can i change the Node Icons (read & unread) in 1.1? I dont like the Default Whisper 2 Icons, can you please tell me how to replace them?

Nicely done. Do you have a live demo? I'm curious to see whether the CSS3 gradients actually make the style appear slower because the browser has to render all of them instead of simply using images... :)
Thanks, Erik! No demo at the moment, I havn't updated all my forums yet. CSS3 gradients significantly improve site load and reduce server load. That is because they save a lot of requests. What about performance I checked the responsivness in different browsers and it is the same as we browse the site with gradients as images. What really can slow down a site are the box-shadows. The more big shadows you have the slower will site react. I tried to use only 1px - 3px shadows.

How can i change the Node Icons (read & unread) in 1.1? I dont like the Default Whisper 2 Icons, can you please tell me how to replace them?
Open Whisper 2 style properties and navigate to Node Icons property.
For forum read use Node Icon: Forum property, for forum unread use Node Icon: Unread Forum.

I'm curious, how did you go about moving everything into EXTRA.css? Did you essentially re-create the style from scratch?

I reverted all customized templates, redone colour palette, changed lots of style properties and then used extra.css for fine-tuning. I had to move some gradients to a scalar multi-line property to able to include them in templates (otherwise they will disappear). All this was done in 2 days.

can you tell me where I can find the setting? i have searched in the notice settings, but found nothing. but if it is very difficult to convert, then I would rather leave it as is. :cry::coffee: thx mate

CyberAP. I've installed the theme with your earlier version and updated it with the latest one. As I usally do, I import a style, make it unselectable for users and then I import the same style as a "child style" to the previously imported.

Would you consider adding support for AzuCloud and Who Has Read A Thread?

I also applied Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listing. It's a ton of modification.

If there is a less painfull way, avoiding manual edits I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

I also applied Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listing. It's a ton of modification. It looks like this on whisper 2:

089f1ce643.png

It looks as it should :)

Am I doing the style upgrade right CyberAP ? I don't know if it were worthwhile addin a subforum grid view out of the box as a theme feature so I figured I ask...I've send you a PC for the link.
You should import the style and call it Whisper 2 - Update, then hide it from users.
Then create new empty style called Whisper 2. Use it as a primary style and make all the changes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom