1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Whisper 2

Discussion in 'Styles [Archive]' started by CyberAP, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

arhangel2, bvmt.thcn, adin and 15 others like this.
  2. CyberAP

Archive updated with a small fix for the registration button.

yavuz likes this.
  3. Badboy

Badboy Member

Nice!! (y)

4. Poltergeist

Poltergeist Active Member

5. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Nicely done. Do you have a live demo? I'm curious to see whether the CSS3 gradients actually make the style appear slower because the browser has to render all of them instead of simply using images... :)

6. Shinjiru

Shinjiru Member

How can i change the Node Icons (read & unread) in 1.1? I dont like the Default Whisper 2 Icons, can you please tell me how to replace them?

7. CyberAP

Thanks, Erik! No demo at the moment, I havn't updated all my forums yet. CSS3 gradients significantly improve site load and reduce server load. That is because they save a lot of requests. What about performance I checked the responsivness in different browsers and it is the same as we browse the site with gradients as images. What really can slow down a site are the box-shadows. The more big shadows you have the slower will site react. I tried to use only 1px - 3px shadows.

8. CyberAP

Open Whisper 2 style properties and navigate to Node Icons property.
    For forum read use Node Icon: Forum property, for forum unread use Node Icon: Unread Forum.

9. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I'm curious, how did you go about moving everything into EXTRA.css? Did you essentially re-create the style from scratch?

10. CyberAP

I reverted all customized templates, redone colour palette, changed lots of style properties and then used extra.css for fine-tuning. I had to move some gradients to a scalar multi-line property to able to include them in templates (otherwise they will disappear). All this was done in 2 days.

11. CyberAP

Added demo in the first post. Also new version is out! :)

12. Shinjiru

Shinjiru Member

Hi,

The Notices are always in bold, is this intended?

13. CyberAP

Yes. You can change this in style properties.

14. Shinjiru

Shinjiru Member

can you tell me where I can find the setting? i have searched in the notice settings, but found nothing. but if it is very difficult to convert, then I would rather leave it as is. :cry::coffee: thx mate

15. CyberAP

Go to Style Properties: Notices > panelScroller and in Miscellaneous change the font-size.

Shinjiru likes this.
  16. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

CyberAP. I've installed the theme with your earlier version and updated it with the latest one. As I usally do, I import a style, make it unselectable for users and then I import the same style as a "child style" to the previously imported.

Would you consider adding support for AzuCloud and Who Has Read A Thread?

I also applied Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listing. It's a ton of modification.

If there is a less painfull way, avoiding manual edits I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

17. CyberAP

Could you please provide a link to your forum? This will speed up the fixing process :)

18. CyberAP

It looks as it should :)

yavuz likes this.
  19. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Am I doing the style upgrade right CyberAP ? I don't know if it were worthwhile addin a subforum grid view out of the box as a theme feature so I figured I ask...I've send you a PC for the link.

20. CyberAP

You should import the style and call it Whisper 2 - Update, then hide it from users.
    Then create new empty style called Whisper 2. Use it as a primary style and make all the changes there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.