XF 1.2 which is the proper way to create a moderator

typostudy

I am trying to create a user as moderator, I see in users->create new user, under user group:there is one option called 'Moderating', under Secondary User Groups:there is also one option called 'Moderating', I do not know if there is any difference between them. So I tried two ways to create moderator,
1. in user group, I chose 'Registered', in Secondary User Groups, I chose 'Moderating'
2. in user group, I chose 'Moderating', in Secondary User Groups, I chose 'Registered',
I did not see any difference in the front end. But I wonder which is the proper way to create moderator.

admin.php?moderators/ would take you to the area to create a moderator. The usergroups can give some permissions, but overall the moderates are created via that page.

Thanks, Wulfspider. I went to admin.php?moderators, and see the user:test1(I created through users->create new user, and in user group, I chose 'Registered', in Secondary User Groups, I chose 'Moderating' ) already list under 'Content Moderators', it seems that system will automatically put the user who has been assigned to Moderating group to page:admin.php?moderators.
So could u let me know what is the difference between put user into moderating group from page:users->create new user and create a moderator through this page:admin.php?moderators?

Top Bottom