1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 which is the proper way to create a moderator

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by typostudy, Jun 25, 2013.

1. typostudy

typostudy Member

I am trying to create a user as moderator, I see in users->create new user, under user group:there is one option called 'Moderating', under Secondary User Groups:there is also one option called 'Moderating', I do not know if there is any difference between them. So I tried two ways to create moderator,
    1. in user group, I chose 'Registered', in Secondary User Groups, I chose 'Moderating'
    2. in user group, I chose 'Moderating', in Secondary User Groups, I chose 'Registered',
    I did not see any difference in the front end. But I wonder which is the proper way to create moderator.

2. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

admin.php?moderators/ would take you to the area to create a moderator. The usergroups can give some permissions, but overall the moderates are created via that page.

3. typostudy

typostudy Member

Thanks, Wulfspider. I went to admin.php?moderators, and see the user:test1(I created through users->create new user, and in user group, I chose 'Registered', in Secondary User Groups, I chose 'Moderating' ) already list under 'Content Moderators', it seems that system will automatically put the user who has been assigned to Moderating group to page:admin.php?moderators.
    So could u let me know what is the difference between put user into moderating group from page:users->create new user and create a moderator through this page:admin.php?moderators?

4. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

Add user into usergroup "Moderator" = Global Moderator.

/admin.php?moderators/ = Local Moderator

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. typostudy

typostudy Member

Thanks for all of your help.