Which framework is better?

go go gagdet thread necromancy.

Laravel for me,all new projects are on it now and migrated some previous CodeIgniter.

I don't really know how to explain it. I know Laravel very well and I know XenForo like the back of my hand so I have no trouble making them work together. Laravel powers to main website but grabs XenForo here and there. And XenForo will work by itself just with a theme/style that links back. I will also be stripping out all the bloat and uneeded things in XenForo, it will basically handle just forums - the rest of the site does everything else (signup, profile pages, login, account management etc).

@Robbo - How do you manage the auth between the Forum and the framework ?

go go gagdet thread necromancy.

Laravel for me,all new projects are on it now and migrated some previous CodeIgniter.

@Robbo - How do you manage the auth between the Forum and the framework ?
I don't really do this anymore. I simply don't use XenForo. If I need forums I use discourse. However my add-ons will all be using laravel components soon.

However if you wanted laravel to work with XenForo users/auth you would have Laravel run the XenForo auth check (look at Laravel's login controllers) and then run in Laravel Auth::login($userModel) instead of doing Auth::attempt.

I would go with Laravel is modern & you can do all with Laravel but if you want to use a simple framework i would choose CodeIgniter.

Everytime I look at Silex, it reminds me of a small routing class I wrote.

Silex and Slim take similar approaches and are mostly intended to be used to build APIs very quickly - hence the focus on simple to use routing :) Silex has the advantage of Symfony components being behind it.

Top Bottom