Which files to edit the poll system?

Hi, I want to edit temporarily how the polls on my forum look. I just want to remove the possibility to see the results of the poll, then after the voting is finished, I'll restore the poll back to normal.

Which files must I modify? If anyone knows, it would be of great help! :p

Okay, I found that I can easily edit the "poll_block_result" on the templates, and I prepared the temporarily solution. But now I'm wondering, is it possible to check the date of the poll in the template (or is there a variable I can use for the xen:if)? Nothing too fancy, if the poll is expired then it shows the results, and if not there is a message like "The results of the poll will be visible from $date".

This could be an acceptable solution.

Thanks! But is there a variable like $poll.is_closed that I can use with a xen:if to show or not the poll results?

Something like this:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$poll.is_closed}">

show results

<xen:else />

</xen:if>

Wow, that was quick, it works very good. :p

This how I modified the code.
Code:
<xen:edithint template="polls.css" />

<div>
            <xen:if is="!{$poll.open}">
    <table class="pollResults">

<xen:foreach loop="$poll.responses" key="$pollResponseId" value="$response">
        <tr class="pollResult {xen:if $response.hasVoted, voted}">
            <xen:if is="{$response.hasVoted}">
                <td class="votedIconCell" title="{xen:phrase your_vote}">*</td>
                <td class="votedIconCell"></td>
            <th class="optionText" {xen:if $response.hasVoted, 'title="{xen:phrase your_vote}"'}>
                {$response.response}
            </th>
            <td class="barCell">
                <span class="barContainer">
                    <xen:if is="{$response.response_vote_count}"><span class="bar" style="width: {xen:calc "200 * {$response.response_vote_count} / {$poll.voter_count}"}px"></span></xen:if>
                </span>
            </td>
            <td class="count">
                <xen:if is="{$poll.public_votes} AND {$response.response_vote_count}">
                    <a href="{xen:link threads/poll/results, $thread, 'poll_response_id={$pollResponseId}'}" class="concealed OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase x_votes, 'count={xen:number $response.response_vote_count}'}</a>
                    {xen:phrase x_votes, 'count={xen:number $response.response_vote_count}'}
            </td>
            <td class="percentage">
                <xen:if is="{$poll.voter_count}">
                    {xen:number {xen:calc "100 * {$response.response_vote_count} / {$poll.voter_count}"}, 1}%
                    {xen:number 0, 1}%
            </td>
        </tr>
    </xen:foreach>
    </table>

<xen:if is="{$poll.multiple}">
        <div class="pollNotes">
            <span class="multipleNote muted">{xen:phrase multiple_votes_allowed}</span>
        </div>

<table class="pollResults">
                <tr class="pollResult">
            <th class="optionText">
            The results of the poll will be visible from {xen:datetime $poll.close_date}
            </th>
                </tr>
    </table>
</div>

But there's is a problem, the polls that haven't an expiration date will never show any result.
Is there a variable for this too, so I can check if the poll is closed and if it has a limited period for the votation?

Something I can use like this:
Code:
<xen:if is="!{$poll.open} OR !{$poll.expire}">

I'm mobile atm but if you create a poll that doesn't expire, then check the $poll.close_date variable, it should show 0, false or something like that.

Awesome! Thank you so much, it's perfect!

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

Top Bottom