Which Events Mod?

JamesBrown

We have at east three Event Mods in Resources now. We presently use Xenatendo 1, but it's a bit clunky.
Do you use one? Has someone tried them all? Which would you recommend? Thanks

It would be best if you start with your requirements, especially what you find clunky about your current functionality.
Each has it's own pro's and con's, and asking for a recommendation without knowing your requirements is like asking which is best; chocolate or vanilla.

It would be best if you start with your requirements, especially what you find clunky about your current functionality.
Each has it's own pro's and con's, and asking for a recommendation without knowing your requirements is like asking which is best; chocolate or vanilla.

Vanilla.

They are pretty much all the same, you can create events which can generate a thread and members can RSVP if allowed, some will do this better than others. Do you use one?

I thought that, but reading the resource thread there seems to be some confusion as to whether it will continue to be developed.

@Jeremy has never said he wouldn't continue to develop it but at this point in the game why add a bunch of new features when he'll have to recode it to work with xF2. It's pretty feature packed at the moment and works very well without all the bulk and clunk of other event addons.

I thought that, but reading the resource thread there seems to be some confusion as to whether it will continue to be developed.
I see no reason why there will not be a FS Events 1.1.0
It seems to me that people just expect too much in a first release. For a first release its feature packed. But there are still quite a few basic features to be covered in the future.

EDIT:
Jeremy said:
There always has to be a line drawn in software development and choices need to be made. XenForo did not ship with custom BB Codes in the first 3 versions, which some considered a show stopper. If they had implemented everything that could possibly be considered a show stopper, we'd still be waiting on 1.0.

The fact that people believe I've stopped developing Events is rather insulting and flat out wrong.
To me this mean that FS Events is taking a sane approach to development. Step by step expansion to give us realistic stable releases. Which is a very good thing and promising for the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom