Which Dragonbyte Tech Addon Would You Rather See On Xenforo?

Which Addon Would You Prefer on Xenforo?

• Total voters
What sense does it make to count people who are not interested? How does it affect those people if an addon that they will not use is available or not?

Until now, there seemed to be harmony among developers and members. Then someone jumps in, claims how hostile everything and everyone is (because he is an angel), and to tell you what, I'd rather not see this kind of attitude here. Here you go - one reason why a "Not interested" vote makes sense.

Gotta say I find it amusing that in a poll of "which mod would you like to see" there are still people going "Hey, why isn't there an option for us to tell DBTech how much we hate them!?" Then deciding that instead of just passing over the thread they just HAVE to come in here and tell everyone how much they don't want us here. If it wasn't so funny it would be sad.

For those who missed or didn't keep up on the other thread, someone suggested the possibility of crowdfunding an add-on and we said that's something we might be interested in doing. We've also been keeping and eye on xF for a while and gathering as much information as we can to see if there is a suitable opportunity for us to give xF another try. I'd imagine that's why this thread was created.

I'm still waiting on some data points coming back and collecting as much information as I can before making the decision but despite what some people would have you believe our position isn't "we have no interest in making mods for xenForo". Those people just really enjoy saying incorrect negative things about us for some reason. I imagine it must make them feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Oh and just for the sake of accuracy, in the other thread someone incorrectly claimed I had only been part of the vBulletin modding scene since 2010. I've (Iain) actually been part of it since 2006. Fillip (Belazor) since Jan 2004. No idea if that has any bearing on anyone's decision about what/whether we should develop for xF but incorrect information should be corrected in my opinion.

TL;DR - we've not made a decision on xF at this point, we're still gathering information and opinions. Feedback on what kind of work people would like to see from us if we did come over is appreciated and helps us make that decision - as does seeing how determined certain parts of the community are to spread false information and find ways to attack us. Still, if there's a vocal minority equal to or greater than the negative voices that's something that would be very handy for us to know as well.

Cheers,

Iain

Gotta say I find it amusing that in a poll of "which mod would you like to see" there are still people going "Hey, why isn't there an option for us to tell DBTech how much we hate them!?"

For you it's either love or hate, isn't it? If people don't adore you, they must hate you. Jeez.

but despite what some people would have you believe our position isn't "we have no interest in making mods for xenForo".

What... after all that talk about there is no market for xF add-ons and how horrible the community treats its developers, now suddenly it's all a lie? You never got tired of telling your customers how horrible it is here and used it as an excuse for not looking at xF:

http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f8/whats-next-dbtech-xenforo-10688/#post59690
http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f8/whats-next-dbtech-xenforo-10688/#post60053
http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f8/whats-next-dbtech-xenforo-10688/index3.html#post62913

Oh and just for the sake of accuracy, in the other thread someone incorrectly claimed I had only been part of the vBulletin modding scene since 2010. I've (Iain) actually been part of it since 2006. Fillip (Belazor) since Jan 2004. No idea if that has any bearing on anyone's decision about what/whether we should develop for xF but incorrect information should be corrected in my opinion.

You think the world spins around you, don't you? There was no mentioning of you. It was said that Dragonbyte has been present with their mods since 2010. And the whole point was to show that success of a forum software or its add-ons does not relate to how much money its developers make.

we're still gathering information and opinions.

Gather as much as you want. Just don't expect people to do the work for you (like when you asked me for details about how much money I would make here). You may not believe it, but other people also value their time (maybe not as much as you in monetary units, but still).

I voted the arcade.

I understand the shop will likely win on site such as this (XenForo), where many administrators are seeking to turn a profit. But someone has to voice the "end user" (your members) who deep down want to have fun and their inner child who wants to play.

XFArcade doesn't work for some of us. And the reasoning seems to vary, but no resolve ever comes of it. The developers who work on this project come, go, come again, and it's always in the air.

So lets pick up something that is actually being developed and supported. Dragonbyte has an arcade which seems to be popular on vBulletin. And I'd welcome any alternative.

I think the big issue here that left a foul taste in several members taste buds is it appears all you care about is $$$. I will only do this if x + y + z = $$$$... I need to do more and more research etc. Sure your a business, many of us are.. But at the same time we took a chance in xF during the law suit, many developers were releasing things before the case even started knowing the chance we could wake up any day and xF points to vB.. But it was about building the close knit community we have. As Sheldon said "we are a family here". Sure dysfunctional at times, but we still are. We care about this community we built from the ground up, though the good and the bad.. the celebrating and the 40 pages of bickering ending in a locked thread. Then you come here jumping on the band wagon after all the legal stuff is passed with nothing but a gain for yourself in mind. Maybe try discussing what you can do for the community and not how much money the community will give you and you'd be more welcomed here.

Gather as much as you want. Just don't expect people to do the work for you (like when you asked me for details about how much money I would make here). You may not believe it, but other people also value their time (maybe not as much as you in monetary units, but still).

Yes, I've noticed there are a few people with time to make over a dozen negative posts about us, but no time to send a friendly PM with some information. Friendly people, those.

I think the big issue here that left a foul taste in several members taste buds is it appears all you care about is $$$. I will only do this if x + y + z = $$$$... I need to do more and more research etc. Sure your a business, many of us are.. But at the same time we took a chance in xF during the law suit, many developers were releasing things before the case even started knowing the chance we could wake up any day and xF points to vB.. But it was about building the close knit community we have. As Sheldon said "we are a family here". Sure dysfunctional at times, but we still are. We care about this community we built from the ground up, though the good and the bad.. the celebrating and the 40 pages of bickering ending in a locked thread. Then you come here jumping on the band wagon after all the legal stuff is passed with nothing but a gain for yourself in mind. Maybe try discussing what you can do for the community and not how much money the community will give you and you'd be more welcomed here.

We were here releasing mods on day one, we supported KAM by buying several licenses when the lawsuit was announced. I've already corrected you on that point at least once before, but I guess it doesn't fit with your narrative?

We were here releasing mods on day one, we supported KAM by buying several licenses when the lawsuit was announced. I've already corrected you on that point at least once before, but I guess it doesn't fit with your narrative?

I'm not questioning you... just trying to clarify something. The only release I see is dating in May 2012, which I must add... both have unanswered questions.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/dbtech-dragonbyte-signatures.31497/

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/dbtech-dragonbyte-avatars.31496/

I know you say your preferred method of support is on your forums but just curious since you have so much time collecting data and not replying to the simple answers :D.

Maybe pre-resource manager releases?

I'm not questioning you... just trying to clarify something. The only release I see is dating in May 2012, which I must add... both have unanswered questions.

I know you say your preferred method of support is on your forums but just curious since you have so much time collecting data and not replying to the simple answers :D.

That's entirely my fault, I must have missed the "new reply to watched threads" emails. It is not indicative of our normal level of support, and I can only apologise for the way support on this site was handled.

Fillip

Gotta say I find it amusing that in a poll of "which mod would you like to see" there are still people going "Hey, why isn't there an option for us to tell DBTech how much we hate them!?" Then deciding that instead of just passing over the thread they just HAVE to come in here and tell everyone how much they don't want us here. If it wasn't so funny it would be sad.
(n):rolleyes:
in my proposal to the option "no" or have seen that I hate you?​
You are saying the add-on that I have not installed it because I hate this person, not because I did not need this .​
It will be also interesting for you to know if the people vote "no" to avoid wasting your time to make an add-on for a minority of people (here)​

Well said, Mike Edge (y)

I can respect the idea of someone needing to make a living. It's one of the current facts about life. But it shouldn't "be your life".

I'm big on balance.

One of the things (one of many) that made my experience at IPB completely suck was everyone only wanted money. Your opinion, your thoughts, you feelings about things, or even help & support mattered not, if you were not willing to give up the "Almighty dollar" in exchange for anything and everything. There was little if any middle ground.

What makes XenForo worth its weight in gold... Is there is a balance here.

We have people willing to offer help, support, and look into people's thoughts, opinions, and idea without needing an exchange rate every single time, around every single corner.

I may not always agree with everything said or done here by everyone, but I have a great deal of respect & understanding for those here, because there is a balance. Because everyone here isn't always about making a quick buck.

There is a level of give & take. And people here offer free advise and support on a great many wide range of topics and real world applications, not just small hints or telling people to look it up. And more so, here on XenForo, it's not only welcomed that others do so, it's encouraged.

Pre resource manager release yep: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/dragonbyte-xfshout-ajax.7867/ November 2010.

Please link, as I can't recall us ever discussing that. In fact the only discussion I ever recall us having was you thanking me after I gave you vague figures on my
company client base.

My apologies, it was actually someone else saying the same thing we corrected: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...g-to-xf-anytime-soon.17105/page-7#post-533370

And we mentioned we were here on Day One in another post in that thread also: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...g-to-xf-anytime-soon.17105/page-8#post-533412

Thanks again for those figures and please accept my apologies once more about me incorrectly thinking it was you who had made those claims in the other thread. I should have checked.

Iain

Man, I love DBTech stuff! It always works gangbusters and the support is top notch. So they want to make money? I say to that...so? If they put a price on it and it doesn't sell then their price point was too high or it wasn't worth it for someone to buy. But if it's worth it to you, then by all means buy it. They are a business. Businesses are around to make money. As a consumer, you have the right to buy it or not.

I didn't personally vote in the poll because I'd like to see any and all ported across. I had quite a few DBTech when my board was vB and I wouldn't mind having them as XF even if I had to repurchase them.

The point is the money, money, money talk comes off real smug and they want you to tone it down a little.

Doesn't bother me that much cause I just want a shop.

DragonByte Tech has not said they'll make any of these but by your participation in this vote poll please let them know how much we need one of these in case they do consider to develop another Xenforo addon. I chose these three from their list of addons: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbecommerce.php

Dragonbyte Shop: Lengthy argument here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfrocks-digital-shop.41847/

Dragonbyte Forum Ads since the only ones we have is Robbo's Ad Manager which does not do nearly half the stuff theirs does, is buggy and he's fell out of favor lately over the album. Also digitalpoint has his digitalpoint's ads which is more expensive and he has way more control over what we can do with it than what we'd be able to do with dragonbyte forum ads.

Dragonbyte Arcade because it does not have an importer from the old arcades, does not have rankings and was created by xfrocks who is way too busy with his own projects to maintain it and mythocial who no longer has anything involved with it anymore.

etc

Top Bottom