Where's my...

Not sure what is going on... combination of factors at work here, but the glue is not "going off" which means the tiles (which are quite large 250x400mm) are slipping down the wall, have to be held in place for an hour each one!!!

>_< Going to be a slow job!

Time to get some expert advice I think.

Without a visual I might be picturing your situation all wrong, so please forgive me if I do

I dont understand how the tiles are slipping down the wall ?, If you are starting from a height other that the floor one would normally fix a length of timber for the tiles to sit on, then wedges would correct the position and prevent slipping.

Also if the tiles are not up it might be worth coating the render with Boncrete.

Well it is a little hard to explain, but we were attempting to start the tiling on a brick seperator wall, that was not true in any direction, it was completely out, as is the floor, and it was made of rendered bricks that are like granite lol, very hard to screw in the support framework with the drill we have, and my first framework which wasn't screwed into the wall, just an arrangement of bits of wood to make up for the floor not being level and whilst it seemed secure and strong enough, once we got started the framework just slipped out from the weight of the tiles and off they went down the wall, so all in all it was a bit of a cluster.

But... good news is we have made an executive decision to remove the partition wall! YAY! lol we all had a lot of fun bashing the wall out, even had neighbours come over when they heard the noise and want to have a go! LOL should have charged for it :p Fortunately the two actual walls are true, so we will be able to do the bottom batten technique fine once we clear up the mess. :D

My fault completely I am impatient and wanted to get to the fun bit sooner, but like all things, patience and doing it properly is the only way to go, Jeff had wanted to demolish the wall in the first place, but I had poo poo'd the idea... I am now firmly in my place :p lol *coffee dear?*

It's a learning experience I must say, I have only ever tiled splashbacks and floors before, never whole walls.... we changed the glue too, so hopefully should be good to go!

Here's a pic...

shower.webp

I know a few lady carpenters that would be mad at you for that John
biggrin.png
Fortunately they bang hammers and not keyboards,

Glad your making progress Kim, Jeff is right though...when you can't beat it...break it the hell down.

I know a few lady carpenters that would be mad at you for that John :D Fortunately they bang hammers and not keyboards,

I'm sure there are plenty of very competent Female trades/construction workers... but I have had to admit I ain't one of them :p

Jeff is right though...when you can't beat it...break it the hell down.

That is sooo funny :D hehehe

Thanks, we are currently having a break whilst Jeff watches the Rugby 7's (which is apparently in the USA)

We have rugby here??? Since when?? The only place I have heard of rugby is like Yale or Harvard or any ivy league school. I didn't know there was contention above that playing level here....gotta love the tv marketing people.

Thanks for the pic, Would love to see the tiles that you have chosen along with any fittings
smile.png

If the floor is out of whack does this mean that you will raise the surrounds with something like a Hebel Block and then sit a glass screen on top ?

So I must have missed something Kim...what exactly is the purpose of all of Jeff and your troubles as of late..to be clearer I am asking what exactly is that corner going to be...

So I must have missed something Kim...what exactly is the purpose of all of Jeff and your troubles as of late..to be clearer I am asking what exactly is that corner going to be...

It's a shower :p

It did have a solid wall on the left there... now it doesn't :D It will have a glass enclosure instead.

Top Bottom