Where'd the chat box go?

sounds like you are missing a file or template.

try reuploading the files to the server. i dont know the structure of xf well enough to know exactly what file may be missing.

Actually, sounds more like you may have something on your browser that is blocking the text editor.
Check to verify that you don't have addon such as NoScript enabled and blocking the editor.

Dude, chrome phones home, and besides that uses webkit, which often has improper rendering, Opera's presto engine is much quicker, and much nicer.
/offtopic
ET also phone home, and rides a flying bike... but you don't see people complaining about that.
Chrome passes Acid2 and Acid3 test, that's good enough in most everyday work, and then some...

ET also phone home, and rides a flying bike... but you don't see people complaining about that.
Chrome passes Acid2 and Acid3 test, that's good enough in most everyday work, and then some...
I don't like the idea of my browser telling anyone everything I'm doing with no real way to turn it off.

Besides all that, Opera leaves a much smaller footprint on your system while consuming less resources.

Personally though, I like Firefox. I just wouldn't tout chrome as anything worthwhile. It's just about the only Google thing I'm used that I'm not fond of.

I don't like the idea of my browser telling anyone everything I'm doing with no real way to turn it off.

Besides all that, Opera leaves a much smaller footprint on your system while consuming less resources.

Personally though, I like Firefox. I just wouldn't tout chrome as anything worthwhile. It's just about the only Google thing I'm used that I'm not fond of.
Chrome will not phone home if you tell it it cannot. Firefox has similiar permissions, so does opera.

Chrome will not phone home if you tell it it cannot. Firefox has similiar permissions, so does opera.
Incorrect. Chrome will phone home about less if you tell it not to. But only a little bit less. It still reports back to Google about every site you visit. I don't think it's for anything other than to improve their search, as they say- it just makes me uncomfortable, especially considering what they submit can easilybe used to personally identify you. If you think you can turn them off, then go ahead. Turn it off, and monitor your TCP connections. You'll see that for every character you type in the address bar not the google search bar, it contacts google analytics. This is allegedly for search suggestion, but at the same time, they keep that data. And you can't turn it off. What you can turn off, are you anonymous usage statistics, which I don't mind in the first place.

Firefox and Opera report to their sites to report anonymous usage statistics. Truly anonymous ones. And it's only to get a handle on which features are used. They also can file bug reports, but, they (by default) ask before each report submission unless you tell it to do so automatically. I'm comfortable with how anonymous these things are, so, I use them.

Don't try looking it up, people are split on it. People will swear Google doesn't contact home without any evidence, only listing their official features, and other people will swear they do, again just because they heard it. There are a few places you can find logs, but like I said, just monitor your TCP connections. You can see it for yourself.

Incorrect. Chrome will phone home about less if you tell it not to. But only a little bit less. It still reports back to Google about every site you visit. I don't think it's for anything other than to improve their search, as they say- it just makes me uncomfortable, especially considering what they submit can easilybe used to personally identify you. If you think you can turn them off, then go ahead. Turn it off, and monitor your TCP connections. You'll see that for every character you type in the address bar not the google search bar, it contacts google analytics. This is allegedly for search suggestion, but at the same time, they keep that data. And you can't turn it off. What you can turn off, are you anonymous usage statistics, which I don't mind in the first place.

Firefox and Opera report to their sites to report anonymous usage statistics. Truly anonymous ones. And it's only to get a handle on which features are used. They also can file bug reports, but, they (by default) ask before each report submission unless you tell it to do so automatically. I'm comfortable with how anonymous these things are, so, I use them.

Don't try looking it up, people are split on it. People will swear Google doesn't contact home without any evidence, only listing their official features, and other people will swear they do, again just because they heard it. There are a few places you can find logs, but like I said, just monitor your TCP connections. You can see it for yourself.
I do, and never have seen it.

Top Bottom