Where to place ads.txt?

kaybek

I've uploaded my ads. txt file to public_html but, per the test from Google Adsense, am not able to view it at mysite/ads.txt. Is public_html considered the root folder? Should I put the file elsewhere?

Appreciate any help you're able to give.

I have tried this many times long ago and I gave up. Google for some reason does not read it or verify its existence on the server.

It should be in the root of your forum, i.e., upload it to https://mysite.com
I guess that's where I'm lost. Where would that root be on my FTP client? I've put it at the base folder, the site name, as well as in public_html. Either way, I'm not able to view the file at mystite/ads.txt so not sure if I've done it correctly.

Capture.webp

I guess that's where I'm lost. Where would that root be on my FTP client? I've put it at the base folder, the site name, as well as in public_html. Either way, I'm not able to view the file at mystite/ads.txt so not sure if I've done it correctly.

View attachment 232665

Your root is public_html folder. Exactly where your XF installation is located. You are doing it wrong. Move that ad.txt to Public_html

Check where all your Xenforo files are located. That's where you need to upload ads.txt. It's clearly not where your image above indicates.

I have tried this many times long ago and I gave up. Google for some reason does not read it or verify its existence on the server.
Same issue even we put in public_html and visible in doman.com/ads.txt but the warning still show

Earnings at risk - You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue.

Top Bottom