1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Where to change the site background?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by QenTox, Aug 23, 2013.

1. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

I have an image I want to set as a background to my site. Where I do this please?

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

You can do that at: Style Property -> General ->Body -> Background.

QenTox and Amaury like this.
  3. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot borbole ;)

borbole likes this.
  4. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

You are welcome :)

QenTox likes this.
  5. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

How would I made the background active link? So if someone click the background it will redirect him to a specified thread?

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You would need to surround the entire HTML in a link, I wouldn't suggest it.

7. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

@Jeremy, why not? And how would I do that, please?

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

HTML is easily exploitable.

9. Jeremy

Exploitation has nothing to do with it, and I'm not sure how that even comes to play. Wrapping your entire body (the only way to make the "background" clickable" makes every element a link and can easily cause styling issues.

10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry.

I'm just always reading how it's not a good idea to enable HTML for anyone but administrators because it can be easily exploited, and I thought this was one of those things.

11. Jeremy

Its not a good idea to enable HTML from members, but adding a background to the site and setting it as a link would be accomplished by the administrator.

Amaury likes this.