XF 1.3 Where To Change Color For Search Member Box And Alert Font

MQK8

Have a couple of easy questions but can't seem to find where to change the color, so here it goes.

1. When you click on "members" at the top, it takes you to a "search member" box, where do you change the color inside of that form or box.

2. When you click on "alerts" in the far right top corner, it takes you to a bunch of navigational items on the left side of the page, where can I change the color of the font for these items. When I roll over the font, it has a white hovering color, and you can't see it, so where do you change the color.

I want to thank everyone and anyone in this community for your unselfish help.
Thanks

For the first one, Style Properties > Forms > Text Control

For the second one, please provide a screenshot so I know exactly what you're talking about.

Hi Amauru,
I'm not at home now to produce a screenshot but when you click the "alerts" button in the far right it then takes you to a page where on the far left it says
Your Account
Your Alerts
Your News Feed
Likes You've Received
Watched Theeads
Watched Forum
People You Ignore
Password , etc all the way down to
Log Out.

I need to know where I go to change these colors on this. They are in black font but when I roll my cursor over each one the hover font is white and you can't see it cause the page is also white.
Hope this helps

Thanks so much !

If you want to only change the text color, try this one on EXTRA.css:

Code:
/* Account menu font color */
#AccountMenu .menuColumns a {
color: #ffffff;
}

/* Account menu font color while hover */
#AccountMenu .menuColumns a:hover {
}

Change #ffffff to your needed colors.

If you want to only change the text color, try this one on EXTRA.css:

Code:
/* Account menu font color */
#AccountMenu .menuColumns a {
}

/* Account menu font color while hover */
#AccountMenu .menuColumns a:hover {
}

Change #ffffff to your needed colors.

Custom CSS is not needed.

@Robert Gould: Style Properties > Popup Menus > Menu Link and Menu Link, Hover State

Okay thanks guys, I got questioned #2 resolved, but a still can't figure out, but your answer to #1 did not work, so let me explain again.

1. At the very top of this page there's a "members" nav link, when you click on that it takes you to a page where on the right side of the page, where it says "find member" directly below that there's a search box, inside that search box it says "name" I want to change the color inside that search box, where you type a members name. How do you do that. Also another question:

2. At the very top of this page it has your admin name, when you click on that it makes the pop up menu drop down, when you click again on your admin name on the drop down menu, it takes you to a page where your admin name appears again. How do you change the background color behind your admin name right there behind my name and around below the box where it says "update your status". This style is light blue and white below the box with this default Xenforo style but with my style its black. I want to lighten the back ground color in these areas. Thanks so much for your help, you can't imagine how much you've helped me already. I look forward to hearing from you.

Okay thanks guys, I got questioned #2 resolved, but a still can't figure out, but your answer to #1 did not work, so let me explain again.

1. At the very top of this page there's a "members" nav link, when you click on that it takes you to a page where on the right side of the page, where it says "find member" directly below that there's a search box, inside that search box it says "name" I want to change the color inside that search box, where you type a members name. How do you do that. Also another question:

2. At the very top of this page it has your admin name, when you click on that it makes the pop up menu drop down, when you click again on your admin name on the drop down menu, it takes you to a page where your admin name appears again. How do you change the background color behind your admin name right there behind my name and around below the box where it says "update your status". This style is light blue and white below the box with this default Xenforo style but with my style its black. I want to lighten the back ground color in these areas. Thanks so much for your help, you can't imagine how much you've helped me already. I look forward to hearing from you.

Please provide screenshots of the exact areas you want to change.

Okay, I thought this was pretty easy to follow. Okay, see the members tab up at the top, its the farthest one on the right, if you click on that, it will take you to this screen. Look on the right, there is a "find member" right directly below that is a "find member box" in that box it says "name" how do you change the color inside that box? On this particular style its a whitetish yellowish color. See the file of the screen I've uploaded and look to the right at the members box. I really don't know how else to explain this. I greatly appreciate your help, I cannot seem to find where to change this color anywhere.. find members search box.webp

Okay, I thought this was pretty easy to follow. Okay, see the members tab up at the top, its the farthest one on the right, if you click on that, it will take you to this screen. Look on the right, there is a "find member" right directly below that is a "find member box" in that box it says "name" how do you change the color inside that box? On this particular style its a whitetish yellowish color. See the file of the screen I've uploaded and look to the right at the members box. I really don't know how else to explain this. I greatly appreciate your help, I cannot seem to find where to change this color anywhere.. View attachment 72944

Style Properties > Forms > Text Control

My next question was, click on my name at the top of the page on the right side, the drop down menu comes down, click on my name again, then you get this screen. How do you change the color around this box where you write text inside. On this default style it's blue at the top and white underneath. Mine is black and gray. How do you change this color as well.. Thanks for your kindness and help.

Attachments

• #2.webp
    #2.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 13
Amaury, I watched all 4 of your videos and I must say you're a wiz at this stuff. I tried to keep up and take it all in but most of it's way above my head at this time. I purchased a third party skin and most of it's already set for newbies like me, it's just things like the members box search color and a few other things I need to change. Great video.

Okay Amaury, it does change the members search box inside color on the xenforo default style, but for some reason it doesn't change the members search box when using my third party skin. Funny..

Okay, I still don't know where to search , but after notifying the developer, this was his reply below, maybe you can point me in the right direction. Thanks

"Hey Robert - you'll have to directly edit the CSS in the templates to do this level of customization. The CSS for "member search box" is .sidebar .textCtrl in xeno_custom.css.

Okay, I still don't know where to search , but after notifying the developer, this was his reply below, maybe you can point me in the right direction. Thanks

"Hey Robert - you'll have to directly edit the CSS in the templates to do this level of customization. The CSS for "member search box" is .sidebar .textCtrl in xeno_custom.css.
Go to ACP - Appearance - Templates and then filter by xeno_custom.css. It should show up and then search in that template for the string he gave you.

Thanks Tracy, got it changed.. I was just having a hard time finding it until I put it in the filter. Thanks so much for your help. I suppose I should learn google chrome to make these edits as needed, or is there a better one? Thanks for your help..

Top Bottom