XF 2.1 Where is the sitemap?

Dimitrios

Hi all. I'm having some issues I'm trying to resolve.

Either way, I need to submit my sitemap to google. Where can I find it. I see a sitemap.php in my /forum/ directory but the date there is from 2019 so, that cannot be it.

Where can I find the sitemap?

Thanks

I see the content and it's wrong.

I was using the alias of the domain instead of the basic domainname. I just changed that.

In the sitemap I see the alias being used.

Is there a way to force re-generation of the sitemap?

Thanks

the Index? what I did there was to rebuild the sitemap. It contained the wrong URLs. Now it seems ok.

I submitted it to Google through the Search Console.

What's bothering be is that I see there, status "couldn't fetch" :
1608721463964.webp

but then, when I click on it I see "sitemap processed successfully":

1608721518510.webp

Which one to beleive?

the Index? what I did there was to rebuild the sitemap. It contained the wrong URLs. Now it seems ok.

I submitted it to Google through the Search Console.

What's bothering be is that I see there, status "couldn't fetch" :
View attachment 242765

but then, when I click on it I see "sitemap processed successfully":

View attachment 242766

Which one to beleive?
Google sites are in an almost chronic lag state these days, ever since the COVID restrictions had them move most of their employees to remote work. Give it a while, like a few weeks, and it'll probably catch up to itself.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: WxP
Somehow the automatic sitemap submission doesn't seem to have worked for me. I only realized this today when I noticed that new topics were somehow not being indexed. So I logged into Google Webmaster Tools and submitted the new XF sitemap manually.

sitemap1.webp
sitemap.png

It doesn't seem to matter whether enter sitemap.php or sitemap.xml in the webmaster tools !? How can I be sure that everything is right and working from now on?

Top Bottom