1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Where Is The forum_list Template?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by LT Jennifer, Oct 29, 2015.

1. LT Jennifer

LT Jennifer Member

In the process of installing an add-on, I updated the template forum_list. I had no trouble finding it in Admin > Appearance > Templates > forum_list, but where is it on my host server web space? I looked in /forum/library/XenForo/Templates, but I couldn't find it there. I really wanted to make a backup copy before modifying it.

JF

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It'll be under Customized Components.

3. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Just go back into Appearance -> Templates -> forum_list and copy that to a text document.

The only way to have templates as files on the server is to enable the setting in the ACP "Fetch public templates as files" but you MUST have a opcode cache installed on your server (APC, eAccelerator, XCache etc.)

4. LT Jennifer

LT Jennifer Member

I found Customized Components but the only thing there was the one template I changed. I did click on Templates but that just brought me back to where I started.

If I wanted to copy/paste the original text I would have just done so and not opened this thread.

Just where are these things stored? (First rule of navigation: everything's gotta be somewhere.)

JF

5. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

As I said, templates are not stored on the server. The template can be found as you did before and if customized under Customized Components.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

They are stored in the database.

You access them via the menus in the ACP.

7. LT Jennifer

LT Jennifer Member

Okay, Paul, thanks. I'm perfectly willing to access them through the ACP I jjust wondered where they were.

(I was beginning to wonder if they were hiding out in the 5th dimension or something!)

JF