Where is Kier?

Right, so until a new user asks the question, the info is never going to be posted?

I should add this isn't a shot or anything like that at you, I just find the whole situation odd from a business point of view.

Right, so until a new user asks the question, the info is never going to be posted?

I should add this isn't a shot or anything like that at you, I just find the whole situation odd from a business point of view.
Why is it odd? If anything is odd it is customers expecting every employee of a company to be 'in the trenches' interacting with the end user/customer.

@Chris D needs to write a script that every time someone looks up Kier's profile, he appears in who's online and seen reading a random thread. That might though unlikely prevent these sort of threads then.

Found him!
maps_troy.webp

Don't forget about his real job too
full

The way I look at it is, if there was something to be said either Kier, Mike or Chris would say it. Any other avenue, other than documentation would be either a rumor or an out and out lie.

But I do really tire of people speculating about or questioning the whereabouts of Kier.

What bugs me about the whole "where's Kier" obsession is what if the guys did say that Kier left.. oh I dunno... a year ago . . . are you all going to immediately stop using the software? How is how visible Kier is on the forum even relevant? The software is clearly being supported, developed and updated - what other information is required? I also think it's a little demeaning to the rest of the team the way everyone goes on about Kier like he's the only person capable of doing anything with XF.

Right, I'm going to have some coffee now before I say something mean :p

I think the question is quite legitimate. Back in the days Kier was the face of Xenforo. And that changed after the lawsuit, now he's gone (publicly at least).

So yeah, it's remarkable...

What bugs me about the whole "where's Kier" obsession
It's a classic case of the Mrs. Kravitz syndrome. :whistle:

I have a feeling one of the issues is that folks got used to seeing him doing the video's (basically the "face" of XenForo).. and now it's "expected" and folks feel left out in the cold cruel world without their barefoot Kier fix(ation).

Same thing can probably be said about those who have such strong opinions against something so benign and insignificant as an inquiry to another person's well-being. Back in the day that used to be considered A kind gesture. apparently today it's considered creepy by today's standards.

Back in the olden days you could send your kids over to the neighbors house to borrow an egg or a cup of sugar. Today the same neighbors would probably consider you a lazy freeloader that uses children to pander.

What I find quite extraordinary is how many people find it perfectly acceptable to speak on somebody else's behalf.

When XF first started and went public I recall it was Kier who was active all the time and Mike was the one in the background, posting occasionally in development areas etc. Maybe now they've just thought "oh, Mike, you be the face for XF2 and I'll tinker in the background!"

Oh, on that matter, where on earth is Ashley? How dare he not be active.

And what about Porthos? He was such an intrinsic part of the XF team at the beginning that it seems odd nobody has noticed he hasn't been around lately either.

:whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom