Where is Kier?

Oh, I'm sure he's been given several... and people may have decided to play "yank the chain" with him.
It's this fixation that some people have with having to have the latest of anything immediately. Patience is a virtue that they apparently no longer teach.
I was joking in the XF 2.0 thread.
5,577* ;)

Mike and Chris are also developers, and they're active. What, aren't they good enough? LOL
They are talking about me, not Kier.

Actually the files of xenforo 2 are full of hints about his whereabouts. You have to read through all the code and connect the dots to find him ;).

I'm surprised nobody has figured out how to peel back the main page to reveal the hidden staff that are online. ;)

kieronline.webp

Who cares, he is busy working.

Isn't that an assumption?

Everyone assumes Kier is working hard on Xenforo, but you know what they say about assumptions ;) ? Kier has obviously disengaged from the community, which could be to stay focused (a good reason) or because he has lost interest/moved on/whatever. He could be burned out on trying to make everyone happy. He could be burned out on the project. He could have found a new focus or new priority. That's called life and can happen.

The reassuring thing is that there are other very talented developers who are actively working on the product AND engaged with the community. Replying to a genuine query with dismissive or presumptive answers isn't helpful. It also detracts from effort and work from the other devs that engage more with the community.

No reason to speculate - @Chris D is quite clear in his recent interview, and I for one have no doubts about the truth of it:
How closely do you work with Mike and Kier on the planning and coding, and how is the work divided up? How (and how often) do you communicate with them?

Myself, Mike and Kier have our own private channel in our Slack team which we're logged into pretty much 24/7 where we plan and discuss various things. We therefore communicate with each other on a daily basis, pretty much all day. The way we work is pretty much equivalent to how it would be if we were physically in an office together; the only difference is we communicate primarily via instant message rather than speaking verbally.

Our work is predominantly focused on XF2 and our to do list for this is stored in Trello. We assign cards in Trello to ourselves after we've decided what to work on next and often use Trello itself to discuss and plan aspects of that piece of work. It's a small team so it actually works really well for us.

Isn't that an assumption?

Everyone assumes Kier is working hard on Xenforo, but you know what they say about assumptions ;) ? Kier has obviously disengaged from the community, which could be to stay focused (a good reason) or because he has lost interest/moved on/whatever. He could be burned out on trying to make everyone happy. He could be burned out on the project. He could have found a new focus or new priority. That's called life and can happen.

The reassuring thing is that there are other very talented developers who are actively working on the product AND engaged with the community. Replying to a genuine query with dismissive or presumptive answers isn't helpful. It also detracts from effort and work from the other devs that engage more with the community.

No, your assuming, not us.

This:
Fear not, I am still here and all is well. I'm beavering away on XF2 primarily, while Mike and Chris are hard at work bringing you 1.5.

And this:
No reason to speculate - Chris D is quite clear in his recent interview, and I for one have no doubts about the truth of it:

States it pretty clearly.

Kier hasn't been posting on here for ages because he's instead been posting on the super secret XenForo 2.0 development forums that I and some other members have access to, along with our super early copies of XF 2.0. ;)
i am also member of illuminati

Top Bottom