Votes: 6 7.6%
  • phpBB

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • SMF

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
I moved from phpbb3 (v.3.0.10 was the latest version I ran). Great piece of software, definitely the best one that is free. But I wanted more, and I do not regret landing on Xenforo as my choice on paid forum software :)

I have just not long bought my Xen licence and will be doing the migration shortly. I am currently running Vbuletin 4.2.2 CMS. Would have liked to stay with Vbulletin as I am already am knee deep and know the software very well but I really needed a responsive design website. Vbulletin 5 was a no go as I did not likehow it looked or what you could do with it as well as the horror stories I have heard. I will partner Xen with Wordpress, so all new to me.

Although I've not had a site up for a while (one is coming very soon) my last encounter with a forum based site was based on IPB. Although the software was OK it didn't really tick all the boxes. I'd used XF before that, but due to all the legalities going on at the time there was little or no movement with XF. Now that the dust has settled I've decided to move back to XF for a number of reasons.

I have more faith in XF than IPB - more faith in the developers and more faith in the community

The developers and other XF staff (including the moderators) are far superior with their people skills and very often go the 'extra mile' to help their clients

The development community is far more versatile and a huge amount of the very useful add-ons are free and the paid ones are undeniably quality at a reasonable and affordable price

XF is most definitely the ground breaker, whereas the others simply immitate

If you're in the market for a forum software there are loads to choose from, but only one that will satisfy fully - Xenforo!

(y)

Top Bottom