1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where does xenForo stores its "I will be updated" information?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Marcus, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

When I upload new files, xenForo notices that and stops running the forum until the upgrade process is finished.

However when I overwrite all existing files with the former files, xenForo still wants to be upgraded.

Where does xenForo stores its information about the update process? I am really curious.
  2. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

xenForo creates the file internal_data/install-lock.php, when you remove it xenForo doesn't know anymore about any updates.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah, but removing that would also allow your install to be wiped and overwritten by a clean install. You don't want to do that.

XenForo detects there is an upgrade pending when the version ID in Admin CP > Options > Debug Options no longer matches the version ID found in XenForo_Application::$versionId.

Therefore, replacing the files from the currently installed version should be fine.

Make sure Application.php copied back over correctly.
    Marcus likes this.
  4. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Thank you for your detailled explanation, this really helps a lot. My curiosity is satisfied :)