XF 2.2 Where does this go?

You should definitely ask developer of this addon. Nobody knows how it has been written. In my opinion you should use only these addons, that are made for XenForo only, e.g.

if you have vps you should take care of the machine and if it is a standard hosting, the addon like above will be fine.

Last edited:
That doesn’t look like an addon for XF at all, it looks more like its own software solution, you’d have to install that like you would install Xenforo, Wordpress, etc.

You should definitely ask developer of this addon. Nobody knows how it has been written. In my opinion you should use only these addons, that are made for XenForo only, e.g.

if you have vps you should take care of the machine and if it is a standard hosting, the addon like above will be fine.
I have my own web hosting (I'm actually the provider)
That doesn’t look like an addon for XF at all, it looks more like its own software solution, you’d have to install that like you would install Xenforo, Wordpress, etc.
While I understand this is stand alone software, I have it all set up with its' own database and directory. The last step is to get that little bit of php code to load on every page. I have tried PAGE_CONTAINER with that wrapped in php code but it doesn't work. I tried putting it in the config.php for Xenforo and the script will connect successfully but then the forum throws a Internal 500 error.

Last I knew XF ceased allowing PHP files to be called directly from templates (think it stopped in the 1.2 version).
Calling PHP is best done via the official process of an add-on or call-backs.
This sorta explains how/why.

And I've got a sneaking suspicion this "firewall" is going to cause some issues with your XF site.
Much of what it touts can already be done by a well configured copy of CSF at a stack level lower than after the HTTP server processes the requests, and there are already affective add-ons available for XF that provide as good (if not better) spam protection.
I could see using it on a WordPress site or similar, and actually I'm pretty sure that is more what it targets than a forum script. It has a known issue with phpBB... and I seriously doubt it has been very well tested with XF as in over a decade this is the first reference to it I've ever seen.
Compatibility issues
Due to different factors or technical limitations caused by the listed below the script’s functionality may be broken when used with them:
- phpBB (CMS)
And when I read these full instructions on their support for install it indicates to me that it's more along the lines of a WordPress targeted add-on.

1. Put the copied Integration Code in a main .php file of your website
    (Examples: database config (connection) file; functions file; header file; core file that is included by all other .php files)

Guess what... that means editing the actual PHP files themselves and adding it - and src/config.php would not be "the file". So you would have to be editing the index.php or similar actual physical PHP file that is called upon every page load. So, for me that would be a BIG no thank you... as every upgrade you would lose it, every file check you would be shown that a file doesn't match.
Their reference to database config/connection file smells suspiciously of WordPress.
You might want to see if a developer would take on integration of this into a simple add-on.

Last edited:
Did you try src/xf.php ?
The haphazard...
Yes, it also creates Internal 500 error.
Last I knew XF ceased allowing PHP files to be called directly from templates (think it stopped in the 1.2 version).
Calling PHP is best done via the official process of an add-on or call-backs.
This sorta explains how/why.

And I've got a sneaking suspicion this "firewall" is going to cause some issues with your XF site.
Much of what it touts can already be done by a well configured copy of CSF at a stack level lower than after the HTTP server processes the requests, and there are already affective add-ons available for XF that provide as good (if not better) spam protection.
I could see using it on a WordPress site or similar, and actually I'm pretty sure that is more what it targets than a forum script. It has a known issue with phpBB... and I seriously doubt it has been very well tested with XF as in over a decade this is the first reference to it I've ever seen.

And when I read these full instructions on their support for install it indicates to me that it's more along the lines of a WordPress targeted add-on.

Guess what... that means editing the actual PHP files themselves and adding it - and src/config.php would not be "the file". So you would have to be editing the index.php or similar actual physical PHP file that is called upon every page load. So, for me that would be a BIG no thank you... as every upgrade you would lose it, every file check you would be shown that a file doesn't match.
Their reference to database config/connection file smells suspiciously of WordPress.
You might want to see if a developer would take on integration of this into a simple add-on.
Thanks for your input. I appreciate you.
I've requested refund on the script but unfortunately there is no refund policy.

Top Bottom