XF 2.0 Where do I edit the terms and privacy policy?

flowerpot132

Always struggle with this. And still in XF2.

So I want to edit these pages. Search for the page names in back end? No that doesn't seem to work.

Ok, so Content section would make sense? No, don't think they are there.

Can you help please?

Thanks

Same struggle over here. 😬

I just removed the phrase from the page, and wrote the policy direct into the page. (I think maybe you must activate debug mode to do this)

Please, can someone explain to me what I've to do (and where i can find it) to change the "terms and rules" and the "privacy policy"? If possible in words that a total beginner can understand.

Thank you very much!

Same struggle over here. 😬

Please, can someone explain to me what I've to do (and where i can find it) to change the "terms and rules" and the "privacy policy"? If possible in words that a total beginner can understand.

Thank you very much!

ACP > Appearance > Phrases. The "terms_rules_text" and "privacy_policy_text" phrases.

Reactions: Jrg

One thing thoug iis that when you find the phrase to adit as (mentioned in the replies above) , as a total beginners you will need to know/learn some very basic html in orders to have your text formatted. This means at the very least you will need to know to use the paragraph tags (<p></p> and probably the hyperlink tags. (<a href=...)

Reactions: Jrg
There's generally a more direct way. In the control panel, go into appearance > languages and pick the language you want to make changes in (in case you have multiple). Scroll down until you see "commonly edited phrases" and expand that. You'll see the privacy policy and terms there.

Thank you, like it! (y)

ACP > Appearance > Phrases. The "terms_rules_text" and "privacy_policy_text" phrases.

I've no idea what I did before. I was searching for it, but couldn't find it. My fault!

One thing thoug iis that when you find the phrase to adit as (mentioned in the replies above) , as a total beginners you will need to know/learn some very basic html in orders to have your text formatted. This means at the very least you will need to know to use the paragraph tags (<p></p> and probably the hyperlink tags. (<a href=...)

You're right. I guess I've to learn a lot.

Thank you very much guys, really happy that I got such a good response! :)

Hi, what is the actual location of the privacy policy, as I have a non-functioning board that I'd like to extract the TOS/Privacy policies from via FTP? Thanks.

Top Bottom