Where are Kier and Mike?

In my opinion, for a new/small forum, enhanced search is probably overkill. But for a larger forum, I would suggest it is pretty much mandatory - really improves search results with word stemming and stop words and such.

That being said - if your forum is in a particular niche where there are a lot of short acronyms in use, you may find enhanced search worthwhile even on a small site, because it will let you index shorter words more efficiently than the default search will.

Don't forget that you need to be able to install an ElasticSearch server to use enhanced search - the addon does nothing on its own.

I run Enhanced Search of 5 of my 8 sites - the sites I don't use it on are very small private/niche sites without a lot of content.
Sorry to hijack this thread, but does Enhanced Search allow people to search for words less than 4 characters? The users on my forum have been asking for that.

Though I should add, it doesn’t require Enhanced Search.

A8BBFA1A-EEFE-4BE2-90EF-83F64CDDE581.webp

But you may need to configure MySQL to allow it and search performance may be worse.

They do not display their last activity publicly but if it helps:

View attachment 226984

View attachment 226985

Or if you are wondering where they are in the world, then I guess those screenshots might give a close approximation. If you want even more specifics I can reveal that they are most likely "in their offices" 😉

Hope that helps 😁

Alright if I am speaking honestly - this was the worst 'WEB SLEUTH' case I have ever seen. Someone is worried about the where-abouts of @Mike and @Kier, and within like minutes you're full on "Case Solved - BAM!"

Staff certainly have changed over the years; they have expanded, and that is always a good thing. @Chris D joined the team 4 (?) years ago, he now is the "face" of Xenforo. @Gemma Eastwood joined in 2019 to handle the financial side of things. Then @Jeremy P and @NixFifty joined in Jan of this year, or maybe Dec of 2019.

You must remember @Slavik and @Jake Bunce they been around for a very long time. Peggy (I'm sure you remember her), has sadly, passed away a few years back.

@Brogan is still here, and is the "go to" guy of Xenforo, you have a question regarding any aspect of XF, he has the answer.

I remember your name @FreshFroot, good to see you back, if only for a short while, :)

Nice to see @Chris D taking the lead, that's awesome!

I remember @Jake Bunce from the vbulletin days.

Sad to hear about Peggy, I remember her from vbulletinorg. She used to be a moderator there I think.

Things definitely sure have changed in the last 10 years lol.

Staff certainly have changed over the years; they have expanded, and that is always a good thing. @Chris D joined the team 4 (?) years ago, he now is the "face" of Xenforo. @Gemma Eastwood joined in 2019 to handle the financial side of things. Then @Jeremy P and @NixFifty joined in Jan of this year, or maybe Dec of 2019.

You must remember @Slavik and @Jake Bunce they been around for a very long time. Peggy (I'm sure you remember her), has sadly, passed away a few years back.

@Brogan is still here, and is the "go to" guy of Xenforo, you have a question regarding any aspect of XF, he has the answer.

I remember your name @FreshFroot, good to see you back, if only for a short while, :)
Boy I'm getting old.

Top Bottom