Where are Kier and Mike?

They do not display their last activity publicly but if it helps:

xenforo.com_community_threads_where-are-kier-and-mike.181327_.webp

xenforo.com_community_threads_where-are-kier-and-mike.181327_ (1).webp

Or if you are wondering where they are in the world, then I guess those screenshots might give a close approximation. If you want even more specifics I can reveal that they are most likely "in their offices" 😉

Hope that helps 😁

Would you recommend it for a forum?

In my opinion, for a new/small forum, enhanced search is probably overkill. But for a larger forum, I would suggest it is pretty much mandatory - really improves search results with word stemming and stop words and such.

That being said - if your forum is in a particular niche where there are a lot of short acronyms in use, you may find enhanced search worthwhile even on a small site, because it will let you index shorter words more efficiently than the default search will.

Don't forget that you need to be able to install an ElasticSearch server to use enhanced search - the addon does nothing on its own.

I run Enhanced Search of 5 of my 8 sites - the sites I don't use it on are very small private/niche sites without a lot of content.

They do not display their last activity publicly but if it helps:

View attachment 226984

View attachment 226985

Or if you are wondering where they are in the world, then I guess those screenshots might give a close approximation. If you want even more specifics I can reveal that they are most likely "in their offices" 😉

Hope that helps 😁

In their offices.

So just check the local pubs in the UK. And hey, buy them a few pints and who knows what 2.2 beans one can get! :D

In my opinion, for a new/small forum, enhanced search is probably overkill. But for a larger forum, I would suggest it is pretty much mandatory - really improves search results with word stemming and stop words and such.

That being said - if your forum is in a particular niche where there are a lot of short acronyms in use, you may find enhanced search worthwhile even on a small site, because it will let you index shorter words more efficiently than the default search will.

Don't forget that you need to be able to install an ElasticSearch server to use enhanced search - the addon does nothing on its own.

I run Enhanced Search of 5 of my 8 sites - the sites I don't use it on are very small private/niche sites without a lot of content.

Agreed.

I've used other tools with elastic search. But, it's really only needed when you have LOTS!! of data you need to search through. For most forums it won't be needed, but the ones that have tons of content. Yes, I would definitely recommend it at some point in time.

I've been away since launch date (bought a copy of XF then but has no community), but it's nice to see @Mike and @Kier are still around.
I guess this means Ashley has left, as his title is "well known member" now.
I remember @Brogan too, everyone else is totally new to me.

I've been away since launch date (bought a copy of XF then but has no community), but it's nice to see @Mike and @Kier are still around.
I guess this means Ashley has left, as his title is "well known member" now.
I remember @Brogan too, everyone else is totally new to me.

Staff certainly have changed over the years; they have expanded, and that is always a good thing. @Chris D joined the team 4 (?) years ago, he now is the "face" of Xenforo. @Gemma Eastwood joined in 2019 to handle the financial side of things. Then @Jeremy P and @NixFifty joined in Jan of this year, or maybe Dec of 2019.

You must remember @Slavik and @Jake Bunce they been around for a very long time. Peggy (I'm sure you remember her), has sadly, passed away a few years back.

@Brogan is still here, and is the "go to" guy of Xenforo, you have a question regarding any aspect of XF, he has the answer.

I remember your name @FreshFroot, good to see you back, if only for a short while, :)

Top Bottom