1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented When the class is not found, say which

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Rigel Kentaurus, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

Small enhancement. This code:
    $this->error(new XenForo_Phrase('please_enter_valid_callback_method'), 'cron_method');
    To this please :(
    $this->error(new XenForo_Phrase('please_enter_valid_callback_method', array('class' => $class, 'method' => $method)), 'cron_method');
    It appears on DataWriter/AddOn.php, CodeEventListener, CronEntry, Page and UserField

And well, of course the phrase needs to be updated, that would reduce the hunting time down on misbehaving add-ons

Today, whenever I try to install an add-on that has a missing class, it says "Please enter a valid callback method" and leaves me hunting down whether it meant the installer, an add-on, a cron job, etc.

And this usually happens whenever it works perfectly on non-case-sensitive OS and then the add-on is installed on a case-sensitive OS and suddenly it cannot find one file.
    Luke F, Teapot, Jeremy and 3 others like this.
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I did this for 1.2, but with a new phrase (for 3rd parties that don't switch to the new format).