When renewing license do i have to pay 140 $ again?

Sabih61

Hi
Question may sound silly. But i want to know that if i buy a license for 140$ and after one year 40$ are required to renew support. What about the third year? Would i have to pay 140 again for support or not?

Sorry for such silly question I know its not necessary to renew license after one year and ticket support and upgradtion will be given if licensed is renewed with a some of 40$/ year. Is it...???

I can still continue using xenforo without any issue. Right...
You can continue to use it

If you don't renew your license you
Cannot download the latest versions (only the ones up to the point that your license expired)
Cannot submit tickets direct to XenForo developers/support staff (you can only obtain assistance via the forum).

To expand on this....

If I buy a License on Jan 1st 2016 and let it expire (don't pay the $40 on Jan 1st 2017) and decide say in 2020 that I want to upgrade to the latest version, Do I have to "Back pay" for 2017, 2018 and 2019? in order to gain access to the upgrades in 2020? Or would it be the one fee of $40 on Jan 1st 2020 for the year?

To expand on this....

If I buy a License on Jan 1st 2016 and let it expire (don't pay the $40 on Jan 1st 2017) and decide say in 2020 that I want to upgrade to the latest version, Do I have to "Back pay" for 2017, 2018 and 2019? in order to gain access to the upgrades in 2020? Or would it be the one fee of $40 on Jan 1st 2020 for the year?
This might save you $120, but you'd be missing an awful lot of goodness for those 3 years.

This might save you $120, but you'd be missing an awful lot of goodness for those 3 years.
Indeed. 3 years ago XenForo was only on version 1.1, so weve had 4 major updates since then (and no doubt there'd have been more if it hadn't been for the court case).

I'm a Lazy Admin, and if it's ain't broke I tend not to fix it as they say
There's been a heck of a lot of new features in those major updates that even a lazy admin would find hard to ignore. :)

Hey,

I did not say I "Would" skip over or not keep the license current, I was just curious as to what the procedure would be should I forget or get Lazy. I have one bit of Custom Code written for my vBulletin site which I will have re-written for Xenforo, at the cost of another Very VERY good bottle of Scotch, which has always made me hesitant about upgrading etc as the user community likes the MOD quite a bit....

Quite curious as to this Court Case you are referring to however.

Scratch

Top Bottom