1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When not enough space hide the 'Quote' text and leave only a '+'.

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by CyberAP, Mar 15, 2014.

1. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

Sometimes when you're an admin or a moderator there is not enough space in the message meta section for all the links:

spacie.PNG

To solve that we could eliminate the 'Quote' text (just move it into a separate span element) and detect when the meta section collapses.

RobinHood, Mouth, Steve F and 2 others like this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

The only way this happens is if you shrink you're browser or you are using a mobile device, so even if you shorten it like you suggested, things will still be wonky at smaller window sizes.

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's not going to get much smaller then his screenshot...

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I mean realistically on a normal device under normal viewing conditions.

Amaury and Steve F like this.
  6. CyberAP

Well, it doesn't work on at least on iPhone and most Android smartphones. Screenshot in the first post is from iPhone screen resolution.

7. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

I know this isn't ideal for everyone but here is something I would like to see done either as a option or by default.

Couple different little mock ups, notice on both, the post link is still in place which is something that annoys me in the current default mobile view.

All controls (would require extra click for like/reply/quote)

[​IMG]

Just private controls

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  8. CyberAP

I like the version with private controls hidden, they're not used as often as Reply or Like links, so that probably should do it.

Steve F likes this.
  9. briansol

briansol Active Member

I like this