XF 2.0 When merging i'm a little stuck

Suzanne O

Hi guys,
i seem to be stuck here with the paths when importing xf 1.15.15a to the latest unsupported version of xf release candidate 3.

I have re-written the files and everything. But when merging the whole thing it doesn't want to do it for me.

What paths do i put in to the data and internal data things because the ftp urls aren't working and it is causing me to be frustrated?

I might have to get somebody to help me out here

https://www.aussiefootyforums.net/forum

You can’t import files remotely. They have to be on the same server.

Also the importer isn’t really designed for importing from XF 1.5, hence why it is named XenForo 2.

You can’t import files remotely. They have to be on the same server.

Also the importer isn’t really designed for importing from XF 1.5, hence why it is named XenForo 2.
they are on the same server.

With your second comment that's what i thought. It's kind of a bit strange. How are we supposed to bring all of our members and that over to the new version if you can't import from the one you are on?

We can't even import to any of the xenforo beta ones.

If they're on the same server, you don't need to use FTP. You'd just define the actual path to them on the server.

e.g. /path/to/your/httpdocs/forum/data etc.

Why are you trying to do an import in the first place? Just upload the XF2 files over the top of the XF1 files and then run the installer. You don't need to do an import, there is a proper upgrade process.

If they're on the same server, you don't need to use FTP. You'd just define the actual path to them on the server.

e.g. /path/to/your/httpdocs/forum/data etc.

Why are you trying to do an import in the first place? Just upload the XF2 files over the top of the XF1 files and then run the installer. You don't need to do an import, there is a proper upgrade process.
Because it comes up with "this forum is upgrading" error messages and it will say no upgrade.

I'm not sure what would be causing that, exactly, but it could be your server has rather aggressive opcaching enabled on the server. Other than that, there's no reason why it wouldn't work. Probably worth posting a new thread with exactly what's happening there.

You can't use the import system to bypass the upgrade.

How do i know this?
I tried that on sunday.

Thought it would need the importer to help it.

In the past i've had to ditch the whole forum because the whole thing wouldn't work properly.

We would be getting "This site is upgrading. please try again later." for a week

I'm not sure what would be causing that, exactly, but it could be your server has rather aggressive opcaching enabled on the server. Other than that, there's no reason why it wouldn't work. Probably worth posting a new thread with exactly what's happening there.

You can't use the import system to bypass the upgrade.
Ok then. It's just that my members are getting angry at me every time for even trying to upgrade the site.

I might just keep going with it and see why it's not working properly.

You would need to try it again.

In your other thread, it didn't really progress because by that point I think you'd already given up on the upgrade, I think.

Try it again and if the same problem happens, create a new thread with the info.

You would need to try it again.

In your other thread, it didn't really progress because by that point I think you'd already given up on the upgrade, I think.

Try it again and if the same problem happens, create a new thread with the info.
I've been trying ever since. Have had the same hassles all the time.

Yeah because it came up with the same error message.

Top Bottom