XF 2.1 When is the enable push notification notice displayed?

Joe Link

I'm getting our push notifications worked out and I'm trying to figure out under what conditions the "____ would like your permission to enable push notifications" notice is displayed. Obviously push notifications have to be configured on the site and the member has to have them disabled.

If I disabled them right now on xenforo.com, when would I see the notice again?
If I clicked the X to dismiss the notice, when would I see the notice again?

When you click on x dismiss, it prompt to remind again or never remind.

If you click on remind later, it will prompt you to enable on next login or on next session in browser.

Thanks for the info. I just disabled notifications here, logged out, logged back in, and I'm not seeing the notice. Is there a time interval that must pass before it'll be displayed? Does disabling it in Preferences prevent the notice from showing?

Thanks for the info. I just disabled notifications here, logged out, logged back in, and I'm not seeing the notice. Is there a time interval that must pass before it'll be displayed? Does disabling it in Preferences prevent the notice from showing?
I'm just gonna presume that if you physically went in there and chose to disable them, that you'll never see the notification again. It would be a nuisance and bad user experience to shove the pop up back in their face after they explicitly opted out to never see them.

I'm sure you can get custom development done to do it every 30 days for instance, but I'd highly advise against it as it might become annoying to members—they'll come back on their own accord.

I'm just gonna presume that if you physically went in there and chose to disable them, that you'll never see the notification again. It would be a nuisance and bad user experience to shove the pop up back in their face after they explicitly opted out to never see them.

I'm sure you can get custom development done to do it every 30 days for instance, but I'd highly advise against it as it might become annoying to members—they'll come back on their own accord.

I agree with all of this, I just want to confirm whether or not that is the way it functions :)

Top Bottom