Fixed When entering a long single line of code into the code BB code block, the scroll bar covers the code making it difficult to read

This is a bug in Chrome itself:

They are somewhat dragging their feet to fix it.

We can workaround it by applying bottom padding to any device that has hidden scrollbars, which looks like this:

So that when the scrollbar is visible, it looks like this:

It's just a question of whether we should bother making changes here given that it is really something that should be fixed in the browser.

To be fair, I was using macOS and nearly closed this a week or two ago because I couldn't reproduce it any longer. So it's a bit finicky as it is.

I'm going to leave the bug report open, but we'll just assess where we are shortly before the next release. Hopefully it will be assigned to someone and be closer to a fix by then.

Fingers crossed. I see someone in the bug report has found it's affecting their facebook use now, so I'm sure it'll jump up the priority list!

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.2).

Change log:
Implement a (hopefully) temporary workaround for a macOS Chrome bug which causes the scroll bars to permanently cover party of the code in code blocks.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom