• 1/2 during and 1/2 after

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • After (working demo example)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Affer (working on your setup)

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Well, I'll possibly get stung in the future :p

And I've not done many large projects........

* Changes his payment policy *

I asked because I have had a couple of users asking me to do something for them and towards the end they backed off the deal and a few times when they want to add more and more features than originally agreed without wanting to pay for the extras. Basically a major waste of time, which would have been better spent elsewhere.

Depends on the amount being distributed.

If that 1st 1/3 turns out to be $100 (because the total is $300) ..... It is a risk.
Lets not forget that there is a 2 way risk involved, not just for the developer. The buyer and seller are at risk.

Lets not forget that there is a 2 way risk involved, not just for the developer. The buyer and seller are at risk.
Only use trusted developers/designers, especially if they're established within the community as they're not likely to risk that for half of the full payment.

Only use trusted developers/designers, especially if they're established within the community as they're not likely to risk that for half of the full payment.
I Agree. I also do consider myself a trusted buyer of such services so my 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 is usually accepted and considered fair.

Top Bottom