1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed When a user adds someone to a conversation, they appear to be the first message author...

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Liam W, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I just got really confused reading an email that @Chris D added me to a conversation...

It turns out I had been sent the first post of the conversation I was added too, but it was Chris' avatar next to the post content in the email...

Not sure if this is as designed, but it is very confusing :)

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can you start a test conversation with someone and then add me to it so I can see if I can confirm this?
  3. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I can confirm this. See the screenshot below where it shows Liam_W as the person who added me to the conversation instead of Liam W:

5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Not quite, Liam_W did add you.

However, I posted the content shown, even though the avatar of Liam_W is shown...
    Amaury likes this.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is fixed now. The avatar shows the person who started the conversation (as the message is the first message).

On a technical note, getConversationForUser now includes the conversation starter information. This is consistent with getConversationsForUser (plural) so I don't think it should cause problems. However, if you've extended getConversationForUser to work with xf_conversation_starter, this could lead to an SQL error after upgrading. (This is needed to fix this, but also to make the queries more consistent.)
    Amaury and Liam W like this.