What's Your Personality Type? (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)

DRE

Someone randomly told me what their personality type was just now. Was thinking about it and realized that no one's made a thread about that stuff here. What is your personality type? I'm INTJ. Took the test long time ago. It's funny because I never knew about that test until years later in a class in college. It was then I realized that I have taken that same test several times before by different employers. I wonder how much employers read into that kinda stuff. I sorta don't think it's a good way to judge people, same thing with astrology, although it helps to understand that person just a lil more.

I think the I (Introvert) gives you that list of disfavored outgoing type careers.
It's not an exact science.

Mildly incorrect. Being Introvert or Extrovert generally references how you gain or loose energy when you're in a crowd or alone.

Extroverts gain energy in a crowd, but loose it when alone.
Introverts loose energy in a crowd, but gain it when alone.

INFJ :) "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population. Disfavoured careers include airline pilot and race driver. Favoured careers include librarian.

I was about to say, who wrote this - then saw it was Jung, who I guess could be considered somewhat an expert in his field :)

Nearly an even split on J/S (51.2%/48.8%)

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

Either way, I'm an engineer and it works for either. The real question is am I an engineer because of what I am, or has being an engineer for 30 years made me what I am today?

Varies on which test I take, but usually INFP

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

The description matches me perfectly, but not so sure about the careers unless programming could be considered an art.. I guess I do have the attention to detail of an artist though

ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

Mildly incorrect. Being Introvert or Extrovert generally references how you gain or loose energy when you're in a crowd or alone.

Extroverts gain energy in a crowd, but loose it when alone.
Introverts loose energy in a crowd, but gain it when alone.

Interesting, never knew that's how Extroverts and Introverts are judged to be one or the other. Well I did, but just not put that way.

I'm ESTJ : - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

Nearly an even split on J/S (51.2%/48.8%)

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

Either way, I'm an engineer and it works for either. The real question is am I an engineer because of what I am, or has being an engineer for 30 years made me what I am today?

You are an engineer because of the way you think. Myers Brigg is an examination based on how you think and perceive the world. Over your lifetime, the four digit letter combination may shift due to a variety of experiences and situations in life.

Top Bottom