What's your forum's loading time?

You... didn't answer HIS question though. It was a good question. If you have addons adding 40 queries to the page THAT is the actual problem, not FA or custom font files. Queries are every pageload, typically never cached.

Dude... doublefacepalm)))

Dude... doublefacepalm)))
Happens all the time. Nothing to it. Hopefully gogo will read it.

Back to your complaint - really can't see it. But again, if you study this competitor of yours maybe you'll learn some tips and tricks from him. Can't let him just kick your arse like that.

Happens all the time. Nothing to it. Hopefully gogo will read it.

Back to your complaint - really can't see it. But again, if you study this competitor of yours maybe you'll learn some tips and tricks from him. Can't let him just kick your arse like that.

You're just unstoppable in your desire to teach me something. )
OK, teach me, masta. Why this thread's Start Render time is almost 4 sec? (quadrofacepalm)

Edited to add: bearing in mind that html is in visitor's browser in 0.6s

0.jpg

Last edited:
What's the deal with FA that takes 54% of page load?
FA accounts for about 74kb typically. It's nothing in the big picture.
You're just unstoppable in your desire to teach me something.
I'm simply trying to help, as lots of folks do here. If you want help, great! If not it's cool to say so.
Why this thread's Start Render time is almost 4 sec?
2.116 sec on this test, slower on some faster on some others. F grade for not caching static content is something I would investigate.

thisthread.webp

But hell, you seem to be on about custom font files appearing to slow down SR? You can remove those if you really think mean ole google is singling you out from the billions of sites that use custom font files. You're just picked on, is all.

50.4%. Is more than a half - nothing in the big picture?
If your full load size is only 750kb which is this thread, it's not typical of what's out there on the web. What's typical out there on the web is a page loading something like 2mb or more because of images. Or a video. Etc. The percentage of bytes for fonts goes down quickly.

xF out of the box loads font files which amount to 375kb. That's typical for any site using custom fonts and FA files.

Still don't understand your exact complaint. Google is punishing you for custom font and FA files, but not anyone else? Punishing you for page bloat, but not sites that have 2mb and above?

Reads like a complaint to me.

DOES his site actually load faster, or does google like it better because it's better. Better content maybe?

My question was to Brogan. My answer to you actually reads "Dude, I didn't ask you anything, so I don't need your answers about anything".

My answer to you actually reads "Dude, I didn't ask you anything, so I don't need your answers about anything".
You could have said so way back. But, I answer anyway, and also ask questions. It's sort of the point of message boards.

I DO see your point though, loading font files isn't what we see from sites such as twitter and facebook. Just billions of others out there. It's a common practice.

I DO see your point though

Now you know that every page of a forum loads twice longer because of FA full package. There is even more - xF uses only 5-10% of that package. And when you have this info in your head, doesn't a question appears in your head - what's the deal with FA full pack in XF?

Oh hey I just had a bright idea - you could open a ticket instead of hijacking another person's thread! That way other well-meaning folks won't be annoying you with their replies!

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Guys I just got up... I'll get back to you for the add-ons analysis after 12 or 36 hrs when I'm back to my PC.

Add-ons is definitely the main cause of my problem. I installed many add-ons, some are essential to the functionality of my forum and some are doing nice tricks that make life a bit easier.

I disabled all add-ons the speed is great. And then I'll re-enable them one by one in priority order and see how much impact it adds to the page load. I guess I'll have to let go more than half of the add-ons I installed.

Guys I just got up... I'll get back to you for the add-ons analysis after 12 or 36 hrs when I'm back to my PC.

Add-ons is definitely the main cause of my problem. I installed many add-ons, some are essential to the functionality of my forum and some are doing nice tricks that make life a bit easier.

I disabled all add-ons the speed is great. And then I'll re-enable them one by one in priority order and see how much impact it adds to the page load. I guess I'll have to let go more than half of the add-ons I installed.

Post your findings, especially the query counts with page loads.

Just found those, who also think that this is an issue. And a fix. So I'm taking back my question. 🕺

The icons are downloaded with the page as three separate .woff or .woff2 font files which include all 7,800+ FontAwesome icons, even though the XenForo theme uses only ~262 of these icons. This means that new visitors to your site download over 385kB of data, most of which is never used.

Top Bottom