What's wrong with my site in IE8?

Andy.N

I got emails from users mentioned that my homepage froze on IE8 but loads instantly on FF, Chrome, etc.
My site is at http://www.quantnet.com and it seems like IE8 would load everything quickly except the featured post on the top center of the page. It took a long time to finally load that part. Meanwhile, the browser is frozen.

1) Why IE8 and not other browsers?
2) Does anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Your "tabber" script is locking up the browser.
It's taking ~25 seconds to initialize in IE8 on my machine.

Quantnet - Javascript Profiling.webp

Hum. That's *******.
Can you confirm in FF and other browsers as well.
Thanks a lot Shadab

Mod, can you edit my thread's title to say IE8.

Your "tabber" script is locking up the browser.
It's taking ~25 seconds to initialize in IE8 on my machine.

View attachment 7693
Ok, I removed Tabber script and use SimpleTabs instead.

But IE8 still loads very slowly. It took a long time to display the Featured post

Here is the header.php of my Wordpress theme
Code:
 <title><?php wp_title(''); ?></title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_url'); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen" />
        <link rel="pingback" href="<?php bloginfo('pingback_url'); ?>" />
        <?php if(is_home()){?>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo WPINC.'/js/jquery/jquery.js'?>"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_url')?>/js/script.js"></script>
        <?php }?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_url')?>/js/simpletabs_1.3.js"></script>
        <?php wp_head(); ?>

</head>

Another member emailed today that it the page loads and ads 20 seconds hang in IE. It doesn't in FF and Chrome.

I still don't know which plugin or what is causing this. Any help is much appreciated.

http://www.quantnet.com/

They report the same thing happens on inner page and posts as well.

There is something wrong with the the JS files being loaded. The error happens on Firefox too, but Firefox doesn't hang up the page on load, so you don't realize it. Get Firebug, and click on console, it will show you the errors. Sorry I didn't have more time so didn't dig deeper. On preliminary look, it seems like this plugin "ajax the views", which is loading the file ajax-the-views-server.php which seems to be the culprit. I suggest you disable that plugin and see...

Andy.webp

Top Bottom