whats up with the SpaceBattles forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a support site for SpaceBattles, if it goes down, wait until it comes back up, coming here and complaining/talking about it wont get it up any faster.

This isn't a support site for SpaceBattles, if it goes down, wait until it comes back up, coming here and complaining/talking about it wont get it up any faster.
Yeah, so what about now? We've got a problem where nobody can post, log in, edit, or send PMs. We can't even check profile pages of admins and mods to get their e-mails to inform them that a problem exists.

I think your members would equally reach out to you in anyway possible if their beloved site you own/manage was down for reasons unknown and normal means of communicating through the forums are not working
Yes, but they would not use a 3rd party support site nor the site of my employer to do so. It is getting silly that XenForo.com is being used as support site for SpaceBattles.com. If the entire XenForo project is nothing more than giant personal offshoot project for that site then it should be stated as such so we, the paying customers of XF, know what we're dealing with.

Because I was wondering why you were complaining. Surely there are worse offenders to complain about- that asinine 'the LOL thread' for instance that has not a lick of anything to do with XF, for instance. Or idk, the random news posts that keep popping up in here. They don't have anything to do with XF, and yet you're not in any of them complaining- instead you're whining about people using a very legitimate channel to communicate with people who happen to be staff on another forum but who are also active here.

... very legitimate channel to communicate with people who happen to be staff on another forum but who are also active here.
Read above. You have a "legitimate channel" to use other than a company's official support site.

True. And we also have a legitimate channel in another company's off topic forum specifically for things not related to that company's official business which you seem to be ignoring to the point of getting hilariously antagonistic over the whole matter.

EDIT: If this were in XF general or literally anywhere else, you might have a valid point. But it's not. It's in the off-topic forum. So shove off about it and stop getting your panties in a twist.

Because I was wondering why you were complaining. Surely there are worse offenders to complain about- that asinine 'the LOL thread' for instance that has not a lick of anything to do with XF, for instance. Or idk, the random news posts that keep popping up in here. They don't have anything to do with XF, and yet you're not in any of them complaining- instead you're whining about people using a very legitimate channel to communicate with people who happen to be staff on another forum but who are also active here.
Your attitude does nothing to help your argument.

And his does nothing to help his point. And for that matter, my 'attitude' such as it is, comes down to the assertion that the 'off-topic forum' for 'off-topic threads' being used for 'off-topic content' cannot possibly be a matter of contention as Kevin clearly believes it to be, in the context that people are discussing off-topic material and he's complaining about them discussing it.

This is the off-topic forum. What, again, is your grievance?

EDIT: Or would you prefer I invoke the "If Kier didn't want us here he wouldn't reply to this thread" card?

True. And we also have a legitimate channel in another company's off topic forum specifically for things not related to that company's official business which you seem to be ignoring to the point of getting hilariously antagonistic over the whole matter.

EDIT: If this were in XF general or literally anywhere else, you might have a valid point. But it's not. It's in the off-topic forum. So shove off about it and stop getting your panties in a twist.
And for those wondering why XenForo is starting to get a dubious reputation amongst the forum community, here is a shining example why.

Kier, Mike, Ashley: I hope you guys are paying attention. This is what your company official support site is turning into. This is really how you want the XenForo brand represented? Go back and read some of the recent posts from the original batch of customers & supporters. Of those who are actually left it is starting to be bleak.

And for those wondering why XenForo is starting to get a dubious reputation amongst the forum community, here is a shining example why.

Kier, Mike, Ashley: I hope you guys are paying attention. This is what your company official support site is turning into. This is really how you want the XenForo brand represented? Go back and read some of the recent posts from the original batch of customers & supporters. Of those who are actually left it is starting to be bleak.

No, this is what their official company community, which includes a support section, but also has an off-topic section for off-topic discussion such as this one, is turning into.

Oh my gods, people discussing off topic materiel in an off-topic forum! OH NOES!

Seriously, what's going to be more topical with regards to XF? XF having server difficulties on a particular installation, or a thread about LOLcats?

EDIT: You feel that this specific thread and only this specific thread is ruining XF's reputation? Really? You can't possibly be that petty. Oh wait, no, this is the internet.

If you feel this strongly, maybe you should start some sort of drive to close the off-topic forum all together, since you're so convinced that this perceived 'decline' in XenForo's internet reputation is caused by people posting in this specific thread and because they aren't agreeing with everything, you specifically, say.

y8F8s_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s256x192-181193.gif

When you become an XF customer and/or have quite a bit invested into the XF ecosystem then your opinion might change. This thread alone is not the only problem but is indicative of the overall problem with XF these days. You wouldn't know about any XF problems since you are only here to whine that some site you visit is having a problem. For the rest of us that are here for XF related business, and XF is indeed a business, you are just more fuel to the fire.

Now feel free to respond in any insipid way that makes you happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom