What's up with Firefox again?

Yeah, because Firefox has this issue while every other browser and everything else work properly I need a new computer. Please troll in another thread. Thank you.
Yes, because FireFox, a browser that lots of people use without any sort of problem, is the issue when you are having lots of difficulties others aren't. Makes sense to me!

I'm not joking mate. Seriously get yourself one or your computer will not work properly.
Part of the laugh was probably where you suggested updating javascript. Java runtime != javascript. One does not simply update javascript, they update their browser. Having Java installed on the system is optional, its absence in no way effects your browsers javascript engine.

Part of the laugh was probably where you suggested updating javascript. Java runtime != javascript. One does not simply update javascript, they update their browser. Having Java installed on the system is optional, its absence in no way effects your browsers javascript engine.
Yes you do especially if you are playing a lot of games that use javascript. Also Adobe Flashplayer is needed.

Yes but Java is not JavaScript. Most games your playing that don't need flash need Java, not JavaScript. Also if your on IE11 or Chrome you don't need flash Nor can you update it as a sandboxes version is built into the browser. Firefox is going a different route in the future but still uses flash as a plugin.

I figured you would miss the != reference which is a logical operator for not equals.

Yes but Java is not JavaScript. Most games your playing that don't need flash need Java, not JavaScript. Also if your on IE11 or Chrome you don't need flash Nor can you update it as a sandboxes version is built into the browser. Firefox is going a different route in the future but still uses flash as a plugin.

I figured you would miss the != reference which is a logical operator for not equals.
Nope. You don't understand as you don't work in the area of IT.

I have been a windows developer for 11 years. I also have a basic comprehension of JavaScript as well as experience in writing Java Applets.

Every browser has its own JavaScript engine. This has absolutely nothing to so with the Java Runtime you download from Oracle.

Java and JavaScript share language concepts however they are not the same. Java is used to write cross platform applications that run in a virtual machine. Xenforo for example makes moderate use of JavaScript however it does not use Java.

Perhaps some material from Java.com will be of use to you
http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_javascript.xml
How is JavaScript different from Java?
The JavaScript programming language, developed by Netscape, Inc., is not part of the Java platform.

JavaScript does not create applets or stand-alone applications. In its most common form, JavaScript resides inside HTML documents, and can provide levels of interactivity to web pages that are not achievable with simple HTML.

Key differences between Java and JavaScript:
  • Java is an OOP programming language while Java Script is an OOP scripting language.
  • Java creates applications that run in a virtual machine or browser while JavaScript code is run on a browser only.
  • Java code needs to be compiled while JavaScript code are all in text.
  • They require different plug-ins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom