What's the different between older version of Xenforo?

bring the older version of xenforo users more information on why updating could be useful.
This alone should be useful in determining why you need to upgrade to the newer releases ;)

I think comparison charts would get messy, the software is constantly evolving. The Have You Seen forum as noted is the best place to read up on things... you have not seen. ;)

The manual is a good read as well.

I think comparison charts would get messy, the software is constantly evolving. The Have You Seen forum as noted is the best place to read up on things... you have not seen. ;)

The manual is a good read as well.

What about the person is from another platform and they have only just found out about xenforo or heard liittle about it, trying to find all the information is hard as the information is scattered everywhere. But i know 2.1 is the best choice to go with at this point,

I am in the middle of a migration and am not "officially" on XF. The home page tells you the basic features, the forum tells you what is new, and the manual goes into all the features and implementation.

This maybe be a good article to write up and bring the older version of xenforo users more information on why updating could be useful.

I run a 1.5 board. I followed the HYS posts for 2.1 and found them quite useful in making that decision. Reactions alone were something my users have been asking for. There was no comparison to make. It was either 1.5, which I knew well, or 2.1, which I could learn about from HYS.

This alone should be useful in determining why you need to upgrade to the newer releases

Exactly. I work in IT and would never use unsupported software.

What about the person is from another platform and they have only just found out, the information is scattered everywhere.

1.5 ceases to be an option after May, definitely after December. Per previous point, it will be unsupported. Hence, anyone new to Xenforo should only be looking at 2.1 as it is the latest supported version. 1.5 simply won't be an option and why would you use 2.0 when 2.1 is available?

IOW, there is no reason to compare versions at this point.

The Have You Seen forum as noted is the best place to read up on things... you have not seen.
For XF2.1 indeed. The XF2.0 features unfortunately did not get as much attention. There is only 1 HYS topic for the entire XF 2.0 release. There are some really nice nuggets that are not mentioned in the HYS. For example did you know that XF2 supports Braintree & 2CO as payment processors? Thats major in my view.

Just to add: I had a rather large vb 3.8.9 forum migrated to XF 2.0 and within 6 months came 2.1 and now there is 2.2. A simple table could show the main differences. I was discussing this recently elsewhere and others were as I was but there was/is no place we could find which clearrly showed the differences. We still aren't sure what they are.

Just to add: I had a rather large vb 3.8.9 forum migrated to XF 2.0 and within 6 months came 2.1 and now there is 2.2. A simple table could show the main differences. I was discussing this recently elsewhere and others were as I was but there was/is no place we could find which clearrly showed the differences. We still aren't sure what they are.
Did you read the HYS threads?

Top Bottom