Accessing Older Version(s) With New License(s)

Hello,

If we were to purchase a license for Xenforo, are we permitted to access older versions of the software? We don't care for support for older versions (I am software dev myself so I can perfectly understand the concern with this).

For example, assuming current version of Xenforo is 2.x, are we able to download and use our license for a 1.5 version of Xenforo?

I ask because many of us our old-fashioned and would prefer the design and overall functionality of older versions of Xenforo, and are willing to accept any "issues" that may arise in using old/outdated software, such as unpatched security vulnerabilities and such.

If this is not something that is usually an option, could any exception(s) be made (on the premise that we purchase a license)? This would be a major selling point for us.

Thanks in advance.

Just to add although Chris D has said, I want to confirm to you @ClareXoBearrx3R9 that you can (well, I can and I was not here at the 'start' so given nothing was said against this) any version right back to 1.0.0 , it is just a large drop-down list, defaults to the newest by default as you would expect. You'd not get official 'ticket' support for an unsupported version though obviously.

Naturally any 'test' or 'beta' releases are not included in the listing, but there would not be any real need to say have a 'beta x.y.z' available when the release version was.

Top Bottom