• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Whats the best way to deal with stress?

Throwing computers out of a window would seem a good way to relieve stress but I know thats just going to cause more work in the future

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I appreciate this thread is probably intended as tongue-in-cheek but stress can be very debilitating if left unchecked.
My advice for anyone suffering from it would be to seek professional help if they are unable to cope.

Find something you like doing and go do it.

Example: I like shooting things and blowing stuff up while looking at scantly dressed women jumping around (what man doesn't?). Therefore when I'm feeling a little stressed, I load the desert eagle, get some fireworks and have my gf put on a bikini. We go outside, I shoot fireworks at her to get her jumping around while shooting my gun in the air.

Works every time.

steven s

Find something you like doing and go do it.

Example: I like shooting things and blowing stuff up while looking at scantly dressed women jumping around (what man doesn't?). Therefore when I'm feeling a little stressed, I load the desert eagle, get some fireworks and have my gf put on a bikini. We go outside, I shoot fireworks at her to get her jumping around while shooting my gun in the air.

Works every time.
thread_useless.gif

To relieve immediate stress.
Food is usually my first relief for stress. Chocolate gooey cake or carrot cakes w/o raisins.
If that is not available, a walk around the block.

Ingenious

If it's a physical, tangible object causing you stress (ie. a bit of computer hardware) AND it belongs to you (important), and you can afford to replace it with something better, then smashing it to bits with a sledgehammer is very therapeutic.

Otherwise...

- Talking to someone about it
- Having a holiday or break
- Exercise or a long walk
- Relaxing or listening to music
- Sex, cuddles or intimacy
- Going to the beach and watching the sea

Trip

Everybody has stress, it's just a part of life and it can be a healthy part of your life if you don't let it take over. Trick is finding a way to channel it IMO. My little forum hobby helps a ton as I'm sure most of you can attest. Skydiving (for me) works well too...life takes on a whole new perspective when that airplane door opens up at 10,000 ft haha. But for me, nothing kills stress better than simply going for a ride with a couple of friends :)

edit:forgot about a good adrenaline rush to cope w/stress :p

Jerry

I trained as a counsellor to figure that one out, and there are as many right answers as there are people.

Though the most common thing I found is forgetting the pills and exercises is vary effective. Most people neglect/forget the connections between mind & body.

Jethro

View attachment 4258

To relieve immediate stress.
Food is usually my first relief for stress. Chocolate gooey cake or carrot cakes w/o raisins.
If that is not available, a walk around the block.
Would agree Steven, that's why I found this vid that I normally wouldn't post up as it shows scantily clad young ladies firing automatic weapons. I've checked three times and they don't put anything on :eek: There's a little surprise for the Ladies at the end.

fos

1. Any form of chocolate

2. Burn as many calories as I can on my bicycle in a short period of time.

2 should actually be 1 but chocolate is a lot easier.

If I neglect rules 1 and 2, I end up venting on the ones I care most about. (That is a bad thing.)

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
lol ... Sexy Guys with Sexy ...

He he, you'll have to watch it.

If you want to de-stress just get on a bike and belt out 50 miles and you'll feel much better. The endorphins leave you feeling nice and relaxed. :D

Cheers,
Shaun