What's the best groups plugin for Xenforo?

Waindigo's is by far the best. Social Groups by Rigel Kentaurus was badly styled last time I used it, Snog's plugin looks like private profile posts to me, not the traditional forums you'd expect.

Waindigo's is by far the best. Social Groups by Rigel Kentaurus was badly styled last time I used it, Snog's plugin looks like private profile posts to me, not the traditional forums you'd expect.
You can have either one in my add-on. Private posts or traditional forums. Or even both if you like. ;)

See this screenshot of a traditional forum with the group information at the top (you can turn off the information display if so desired)..
https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/08forum-jpg.79049/

You can have either one in my add-on. Private posts or traditional forums. Or even both if you like. ;)

See this screenshot of a traditional forum with the group information at the top (you can turn off the information display if so desired)..
https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/08forum-jpg.79049/
I have been in the market for a group addon aswell. I have looked at @Waindigo (Social Categories), @Snog Social Groups, and @Nobita.Kun.

What are the main differences between the three? I did some reading and if i understood correctly, Waindigo's addon creates a social category, whereas snog's and nobita's addons are more group oriented.
They create a group page.

Please educate me a bit on this a little since im looking at purchasing one in the near future.

What I would need it to do is, I would need to be able to create a group of users (we will call this "Group A"). There would be a specific page for Group A, not just a category (i believe this is what Waindigo's does create a category not a landing page). Members could request to join Group A, they could be invited to Group A and stuff like this.

Also with any of these would it be possible to do the following, add a nav bar link in the top header basically saying "My Groups" when a member clicks on the menu link of My Groups it would take him to the groups hes in, and also show him what groups he can apply to join.

Thank you,
Gf

The best thing I can say is to go to each author's site where you should be able to test a demo of each group system.

On my site, you'll need to send me a request so I can put you in a user group that can create groups.

The best thing I can say is to go to each author's site where you should be able to test a demo of each group system.

On my site, you'll need to send me a request so I can put you in a user group that can create groups.
I will have to give this a try, if possible please add me to the user group where i can create groups :) Thank you

*EDIT*
Is there minimum requirements I could set for certain groups. For example if a member has under 50 posts the cannot request to join a group?

Last edited:
I will have to give this a try, if possible please add me to the user group where i can create groups :) Thank you

*EDIT*
Is there minimum requirements I could set for certain groups. For example if a member has under 50 posts the cannot request to join a group?
Not in my add-on.

Will definantly take a day or two to play with all the demos.

Thank you,
Gf
Hi, we have recently moved websites so there currently isn't a demo available of our Social Groups add-on, luckily it is free so you can just give it a try. Should you have any questions please post them in the discussion forum for the add-on.

Hi, we have recently moved websites so there currently isn't a demo available of our Social Groups add-on, luckily it is free so you can just give it a try. Should you have any questions please post them in the discussion forum for the add-on.
Thank you will definantly try your addon since its free of charge :)

Top Bottom