What's on your bookcase?

Jo.

A bookcase can tell you a lot about someone. :)

Here's mine...
books1.webp

I came back to school from winter break and found the state of my bookshelf pretty funny. I swear it's not normally this messy, just collateral damage from a hectic week of finals.
wink.png

Attachments

• IMG00084-20110116-0138.webp
    IMG00084-20110116-0138.webp
    81.3 KB · Views: 18
here is my computer desk / book case. had to move my drinks to the side so u guys could see a few of the books

computerdesk.webp

No pics, but I have just about every book from the following authors:
Iris Johanson, Kay Hooper, Catherine Coulter, Tami Hoag, Lisa Gardner, Lisa Jackson, Frank Peretti, John Saul, Dean Koontz.

I LOVE crime drama, suspense/mystery thrillers.

Don't a have camera handy but the stuff that's in easy reach includes the U.S. Constitution, The Federalist Papers, The Anti-federalist Papers and the Debates on the Constitution, the Connecticut General Statutes, the 2010-2011 Rules of Golf and 2010-2011 Decisions on the Rules of Golf.

On the side of the room, I have a couple hundred books including The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Alexis de Tocqueville's Democracy in America and biographies on our founding fathers. Other than those I have a lot books on history and novels from Tom Clancy, Stephen Coonts, Vince Flynn, Sara Paretsky, W.E.B. Griffin, Robert Parker, James Patterson, Nelson DeMille & Kathy Reichs to name a few.

I'm going to end up buying a iPad or Kindle just because I'm running out room to store anymore books.

Bookcases? I've got bookcases. Too many to show. In addition, I've got stacks! On my desk, under my desk, beside my desk, beside my bed...

Did I mention that I have a Kindle? It was supposed to solve the stack problem. It is great for pleasure reading but not so great for textbooks and technical books.

Jeff

Bookcases? I've got bookcases. Too many to show. In addition, I've got stacks! On my desk, under my desk, beside my desk, beside my bed...

Did I mention that I have a Kindle? It was supposed to solve the stack problem. It is great for pleasure reading but not so great for textbooks and technical books.

Jeff
Well dang Jeff, like to read much? :eek:

You need one of those old fashioned dens with floor to ceiling bookshelves and a ladder that rolls from one end to the other.

Which one? Ha-ha! We've got the office bookcases with all the tech books plus books in our niche, the living room cases with everything from classics to self-help, sci-fi, true crime, art books, philosophy, gardening and reference books, then there's the 'landing bookcase' with gaming books and kids' overflow. The kids each have their own bookcases with books numbering probably in the hundreds each. James and I each have a stack of books on our nightstands that are current or someday soon reading. Plus I've got two (currently) boxes of cookbooks that are waiting for a new kitchen case for them.

bookcases-1.webp bookcases-6.webp bookcases-5.webp bookcases-4.webp bookcases-2.webp View attachment 9424

Additionally, we're known as our local library's best customers - we generally have 100+ books out on loan. Thankfully because we homeschool, we're exempt from overdue fines! Whew!

Is that too many?

Susan

Top Bottom