What's Bloomin'?

GofD

gardenofdarwin-spring-2011-5.webp gardenofdarwin-spring-2011-4.webp gardenofdarwin-spring-2011-3.webp gardenofdarwin-spring-2011-2.webp gardenofdarwin-spring-2011-1.webp
It's the beginning of spring here (well, not technically, but seems the flowers don't know that!) in Virginia in the US, and we're already seeing native tulips blooming, our ballerina magnolia is about 3 days from full bloom, early daffodils are getting started, iris reticulata are going strong and there's green on our crabapple already! Love this time of year.

What do you have blooming where you are?

Weeds. More and more weeds. :p

I do have a few spring orchids blooming though. They came with the house in random locations in the lawn, and there's probably about at least 50 around the house, and more are discovered every few weeks. We just dig them up and put them in a specific area so we don't run them over with the lawn mower.

I do have a few spring orchids blooming though. They came with the house in random locations in the lawn, and there's probably about at least 50 around the house, and more are discovered every few weeks. We just dig them up and put them in a specific area so we don't run them over with the lawn mower.

You mean this :eek:

IMG_2352.webp

I took this picture last year when i went to my country :P That's from our backyard .

What an awesome little hidden gem to come with the house! :)

We had something similar that came with our house a whole bunch of Sternbergia (Autumn Crocus) and Lycoris (Surprise Lilly) bulbs. We dug them up and moved them around too, years later they have filled in wonderfully. It's so nice seeing everything coming up... Just hope we don't get a late frost!:cautious:

What an awesome little hidden gem to come with the house! :)

We had something similar that came with our house a whole bunch of Sternbergia (Autumn Crocus) and Lycoris (Surprise Lilly) bulbs. We dug them up and moved them around too, years later they have filled in wonderfully. It's so nice seeing everything coming up... Just hope we don't get a late frost!:cautious:

Yeah, it's awesome until you realize how many you end up with. With as many as we have, and still more I spotting but haven't moved yet, we might as well just cover the entire front lawn with them. :confused: Have no idea where they came from or how they survived construction as some have been found right up against the walls of the house, undamaged.

You could always go into business selling them! or give them away...;)
Already planning on that. :p

I forgot to mention we have peppers growing! I almost forgot because I didn't noticed it until a day or so ago. :D Of course, I don't eat them but other people in my family do. We do want to grow a small fruit/vegetable garden on the side of the house eventually so we can save some money as well as grow organically, and know exactly what we put in it. :D

Winter was too harsh to start anything, and even now temperatures dipped again, so waiting until it stops... it will stop, yes? Winter is almost over, right? :cautious:

Wow, beautiful Susan :D

here is is meant to be Autumn but it is still very Summery and quite hot, lots of our plants took a real beating from extreme heat this year, and currently we are pruning dead branches and tidying up more than anything.

Our very beautiful Tibouchina is blooming currently as are the Frangipani's ... both are lovely!

Here is the Tibouchina blooming from 2009, (my crappy camera has finally given up the ghost)

sunrise_flowers.webp

sunrise3.webp

surise4.webp

That's nice one kim :P i am planning to move to House from apartment in next few months hopefully will get nice garden with flowers unless my devil JRT keeps on messing up .

That's nice one kim :p i am planning to move to House from apartment in next few months hopefully will get nice garden with flowers unless my devil JRT keeps on messing up .

hahahahahahaha JRT and "Nice" garden don't go :p Our only "nice" bits of the garden are out the front where the girls never go, out the back is a mess, Miss Mia is a notorious diggger, she even jumps into pots and digs up pot plants!!! Argh, horrible creature :p

hahahahahahaha JRT and "Nice" garden don't go :p Our only "nice" bits of the garden are out the front where the girls never go, out the back is a mess, Miss Mia is a notorious diggger, she even jumps into pots and digs up pot plants!!! Argh, horrible creature :p

Ye that's why i am worried.

Top Bottom