What would you expect from a Christian forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief people, this thread is not a religious discussion thread. The OP did not ask for your views and beliefs about God.
He asked a question about his forum, and I feel that he deserves sane, intelligent answers.

Good grief people, this thread is not a religious discussion thread. The OP did not ask for your views and beliefs about God.
But if he s an optimist, he can see it as a trailer of what is coming to him if he allow reasonable people to join forums (I know, I know, couldn't resist :) )
He asked a question about his forum, and I feel that he deserves sane, intelligent answers.
Hmm, religion, sanity and intelligence in one sentence? And why would u feel he deserves is anyway, cause u like it?, what about if he would ask smthg u wouldn't like it at all, smthg u would hate it from the bottom of the heart, would u still feel he deserves such an answer?

And that being said I don't want to have argument here at all, I say to everyone what makes him/her happy. I don't care what somebody believes, hey, if that makes u better person, why the hell not :)

For me, this are friends, love, sex, study, parties, honesty, open mind (I was raised in Christian family btw), nature, traveling,... - not necessary in this order and for God and prayers I will have time, when I die :)

Guys, those of you needlessly posting to wind up those of a religious nature are doing disservice to atheists, please can we try to avoid posts that do not relate to what Jeff was actually asking. I understand that subjects like religion make people very passionate but if we could all try to step back and discuss the original question without brining religious beliefs into it (either for or against) I think we would all benefit.

Having said that this might encourage Jeff to make a section on his forum for these types of discussions if he wants an explosion in page views and internet rage
tongue.png

If someone could show me empirical evidence that there is a God, I would change my mind and not be an atheist any more. I have an open mind.
On the other hand most religions people, if asked, state that they would not change their mind no matter how much evidence was presented or how strong an argument was.
That's faith at the end of the day Stuart, as incomprehensible as it may be to me or to you, its blind faith. No matter what you say, those who have strong faith will believe it until they die and they find out one way or the other! lol

My beliefs are less 'blind' and quite open to revision, should proof ever appear. I just believe in what I feel is right, not what someone told me to believe.

They are not interested in whether or not their beliefs are true. They hold them anyway, usually because they were indoctrinated by their parents at a very young, impressionable age. So there is usually very little point in debating with religions people.
I agree, to a degree. Some people are fun to debate with, a friend of mine is a Christian, I'm a pagan, makes for interesting conversations sometimes! lol Especially when you consider that most of the Christian celebrations we hold these days are actually Christian-ised versions of pagan festivals (Christmas being the biggest example). Easiest way to convert pagans in the middle ages - take over their festivals! lol

At the end of the day though, I'm not going to change his opinion of his faith, he's not going to change mine.

I apologise for going off topic. I just think it's a shame that so many people waste their time/lives on a worthless cause.
Now that I do object to. Just because you don't believe doesn't say its a worthless cause. Religion (of all flavours) does do quite a bit of good around the world, it offers people community & support networks amongst others. Just because you don't see benefit in it doesn't mean that there isn't any to be had by other people.

Unfortunately religion has been the root of a lot of evil in the world too, for quite a few thousand years.

However I have to agree on one thing, I don't care what people believe, even Scientologists. As long as they don't push or impose their beliefs on others. Likewise, to be fair Stuart, that includes those who don't have any beliefs and go around suggesting other people's beliefs are a worthless cause. A person's belief is a personal thing and the world would be a damn sight better place if people would just respect that and live with it!

In respect to the OP! - I have to say, I respect you for running a site based on religion. I can only imagine the moderation workload that must entail. Its bad enough on a car forum when a thread ventures into the topic of religion! However at the end of the day, what topics you talk about on your own site is for you to ask your members what they want. Asking non Christians what they would like to see on a Christian site is like me asking a BMW owner what they'd like to see on my MG/Rover owner's site! They don't care as they wouldn't visit.

I wish a mod would close this thread. People continually take it off topic, despite the content of the OP and repeated requsts to keep it on topic.

To be fair peggy, did you really expect a religious thread on a non religious forum ever to stay on track. I'm amazed it lasted this long....

I wish a mod would close this thread. People continually take it off topic, despite the content of the OP and repeated requsts to keep it on topic.
So use the report button? In all honesty you just keep repeating yourself which is just as off topic.

To answer the thread starter's question, I'd expect a Christian forum to discuss the teachings of the faith and how they can be applied in the current age in which we live, i.e. for it to discuss how to be a good Christian. I have to confess I fail to understand why you'd reach out to non-Christians unless you're falling into the trap of strength of belief reinforced by strength of numbers. If you're Christian, stick to what you know :)

To be fair peggy, did you really expect a religious thread on a non religious forum ever to stay on track. I'm amazed it lasted this long....
I would expect intelligent people to be able to answer the question, and move on, yes.
I supposed that's being a little naive, eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom