What things do XF do like vB but shouldn't do at all?

petertdavis

I can think of a couple off the top of my head.

1. Having a home page field - most forums don't need it at all and it's primarily used by spammers.
2. The members list - similar to the above, but I can't think of any real reason for having it.

Can anyone else think of anything that XF has built in that is more of a legacy than a real feature that forum admins and members really need? I can say for 100% that the two I mentioned, I wouldn't miss if they were gone and they're just headaches to have.

I like a members like, I do occassional have a look at it for a number of reasons. Plus I'm pretty sure since every member is in the database anyway there's no reason not to have one and I don't see how they cause any headaches.

Sorry I don't agree with either of your observations Peter. In my community the home page field is very useful for members who are also site sponsors (and in fact, any genuine member with a website!) to link to their own site. And the member list is similarly useful - and used - for members to browse other members.

One thing I do like about XF compared to vB is the general de-clutter, especially the postbit on the left.

One thing I do like about XF compared to vB is the general de-clutter, especially the postbit on the left.
I'd take this even a step further, I love how easy it is to edit and make it as cluttered or uncluttered as I want. XF seems more about options to me then anything else.

Add to that almost everything is CSS based or html in a template and what you can do with it is just about limitless.

What I want to XF be like VB it's with the alot of MODs and Addons for it like VB as!
There are soo lack of MODs and some are already incompatible and not updated. :X

What I want to XF be like VB it's with the alot of MODs and Addons for it like VB as!
There are soo lack of MODs and some are already incompatible and not updated. :X

It took years for the vB mod community to build up to what it is now. YEARS.
Of course there's a lack of modifications. It's a new forum software.

I believe there is a setting where you can toggle members' profiles being viewed by guests/certain usergroups. So why not have a members page?

Y'know, it might be a good idea for the members page to have, perhaps, more stats on the sidebar. Most online, most likes, etc.

It took years for the vB mod community to build up to what it is now. YEARS.
Of course there's a lack of modifications. It's a new forum software.
Right, and that will change!
I already talked to alot of people, most of them won't change to Xenforo because Xenforo wont have what they want, and that's all about MODs, there are things that xenforo must have by defeaut that are actually MODs at the momment. :X

I already talked to alot of people, most of them won't change to Xenforo because Xenforo wont have what they want, and that's all about MODs, there are things that xenforo must have by defeaut that are actually MODs at the momment. :X

Then it just doesn't have what they want. XF isn't for everyone.
As I said above, it is still fairly new. You know the old saying "Rome wasn't built in a day".

Hopefully the data in 1.1 that is being showed in the back-end as statistics allows for easy front-page use.

Well I disagree completely with the OP, both features are used by myself and our members on a daily basis and would certainly be missed. Just because you don't need them doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. Also, there is no software that is provides only features everyone needs.

What a completely WORTHLESS mod.

This is the type of stuff I'm talking about. A lot of administrators over-value the need and use of the mods they have installed on their forums. This mod that does NOTHING for you or your users and I can't imagine any of them caring.
there is a demand for it by my users!! some users has left my site because I missing this mod o_O
Is one of the most installed mods in vbulletin.org

Top Bottom