What things do XF do like vB but shouldn't do at all?

They considered the statistics more important than the content?

Correction. They considered bloat more important than content. :sick:

Very rarely do people know what they want until they use a solution that has minimised bloat. I'll be honest, I've been guilty of this for example post icons, I was a big fan of them and felt they were needed. It took a couple of weeks using xenforo to convince me that I was still under the <insert software> way of thinking. Nowadays I would never dream of ever having post icons on any forum I create.

Personally, I don't think xf does anything like <can't bare to mention the name> so what I do is simulate what it would be like so when I want to check "New Posts" I'll first navigate to the navbar and log out, then log back in swoop over to alerts then slide into my inbox and hop past the usercp. Then I slide over to the left hand side of the navbar mark all topics as read and then check to see if there's any new posts and voila none. For me, if it existed this is what it would be like if xf did anything like <insert the curse of the 4 here >

I consider that is important something new like "Recommended Topics", not like posts/likes like some other scripts for be an "Hot" Topic but an option for staff can add that topic to an list or something like that, for when users are in forum they see topics that they may like in that X Forum, this way people don't leave the site that easy because they will see some nice content recommended first, and can see too the normal topic list.

I'm just wondering...

Top Bottom