What single 'new feature' would benefit xenForo customers most?

Rob

As the flow of bugs and fixes begins to subside work will no doubt commence on a feature building release. Some already released mods will I'm sure end up being adopted into the base code and we all hope some ideas from the suggestions forum are tagged for inclusion too.

Hopefully this thread will spark a discussion of ideas that will most improve the customisability of xenForo.

For me, I think the single most powerful addition to make would be 'custom thread fields'. If this were done in such a way as to allow the definition of content types, to extend 'threads' with additional fields then we could specify which forums use which content types.... and which templates a content type should use. This will open up a huge realm of possible customisations to the forum owner.

What ideas do you have?

ability for a user to recolour their profile page, and use that scheme as their personal default style on the entire board.

That's a pretty cool idea there.
cool.png

Rather than focus on any one big thing, I would quickly tackle the many smaller requests like ability to include full message text in new message notifications. This will set the xenforo team apart from the customer indifference that seems to characterize vb these days. Then focus on innovative features that will set the product apart rather than a bunch of "me too" replications of what competitors might have.

Top Bottom