What release do you have?

What release do you have?

• Total voters
Hello,

I'm in 2.1.5 because my internet connection is very slow, my forum can stay closed for 1 hour when I update it.
With the arrival of 2.2 I will start to make the other updates.

How about you?

Good reminder, I just went from 2.1.8 to 2.1.10. No noticeable changes and it was the first time I merged custom templates which worked seamlessly

Only the latest for me. Don't have your connectivity issues, though. If I did, that might change. We definitely lagged more back in the FTP days but with the update facility in 2.1, I am generally updating the weekend after an update rolls unless I find a problem when I test in my dev.

Hello,

I'm in 2.1.5 because my internet connection is very slow, my forum can stay closed for 1 hour when I update it.
With the arrival of 2.2 I will start to make the other updates.

How about you?

Doesn't xenforo update automatically for you? I think if you set directory permissions right, it can download and upgrade using the server so your connection shouldn't matter

Doesn't xenforo update automatically for you? I think if you set directory permissions right, it can download and upgrade using the server so your connection shouldn't matter

No, it will alert you but you still have to go into the ACP to start the process. And I would not want it to work that way. Updates need to be tested, esp. in complex environments.

No, it will alert you but you still have to go into the ACP to start the process. And I would not want it to work that way. Updates need to be tested, esp. in complex environments.

That's what i mean. But he said he can't update due to connectivity problems which i assumed he means having to upload xf files etc.

Xf provides an option to upgrade automatically if your dir permissions are correct. At least on my install, i just have to click upgrade and it downloads and does everything without me having to upload

But he said he can't update due to connectivity problems which i assumed he means having to upload xf files etc.

A bad connection might still slow things down since it does give feedback to the browser as it is running. Hard to say because I've never done an upgrade on a bad connection. Even the couple I ran from my phone were over either fairly strong LTE connections or my wi-fi.

The automatic update via Admin Panel offers only the latest version. I've always liked to install successive versions and try them out for a few months. Let's say I test all my updates locally and then I transfer manually via FTP so I keep control.

In case of internet failure, I can restart. I don't know how the automatic update behaves in case of an internet failure.

Top Bottom