What music do you listen to while working/coding?

Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, Portishead, Moby, Muse, Classical music, or netcasts, podcasts, like NOAGENDA with Adam and John (in the mooorrrning)

Mmmm NIN - forgot about them... but working isn't generally on my mind when they're playing :oops:

Depends on the mood I'm in. I just need music to keep me awake and active :p Something with a discernable beat is preferred. Was listening to The Prodigy today :)

For the last few hours I've had a somewhat bizarre Vangelis - Hans Zimmer - Lady Gaga loop going on.
Vangelis? Isn't that rather dreamy music?

Though it seems to work for ya

I have a few internet radio stations that I frequent in Winamp's Shoutcast directory. These are in order of my favorite to least-favorite:

181.FM - Star 90's (All 90s, as you can imagine)
181.FM - Power 181 (Today's Hits)
.977 The Hitz Channel (Today's Hits)
181.FM - The Eagle (Classic Rock)

On the off-chance that none of those work, I have a nice library that's constantly being built, including (but not limited to): Japanese Pop/Rock, a Pop/Rock playlist, a remixes playlist, Weird Al Yankovich discography (don't judge me! :p), Yellowcard discography, Daft Punk discography, and a few other obscure playlists with my favorites or certain mood music. That's just what I use for coding/video editing, though. I've got quite a bit on this hard drive...

For the last few hours I've had a somewhat bizarre Vangelis - Hans Zimmer - Lady Gaga loop going on.
That reminds me, I've got the Inception Soundtrack and Black Hawk Down soundtrack. Hans Zimmer is a genius!

At the moment I'm pushing pixels around while listening to mixture of retro swing and rockabilly from Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, The Brian Setzer Orchestra, Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers, Lily Wilde and her Jumpin' Jubilee Orchestra, Indigo Swing, and Steve Lucky and the Rhumba Bums.

ah but I have ADD. Way too easily distracted.
Weird, I find I get more distracted -without- the music, and I have ADD as well.

The only time I tend to get distracted with it is if I really like the song, but I've heard most of my music so many times that rarely happens.

Weird, I find I get more distracted -without- the music, and I have ADD as well.

The only time I tend to get distracted with it is if I really like the song, but I've heard most of my music so many times that rarely happens.
I've seen a few people say something like this over the years. I'm on the very high end of distractability. A speck of dust can distract me. Even in the dead of night, a car driving by can break my concentration. Thus, I wear earplugs. :confused:

Music is proven to be a great therapy for those who have ADD. They are still researching how the music affects those type of people but it works. That is my psych major showing. lol

I've seen a few people say something like this over the years. I'm on the very high end of distractability. A speck of dust can distract me. Even in the dead of night, a car driving by can break my concentration. Thus, I wear earplugs. :confused:

I'm like that with anything -but- reading and music.

I'm really obsessive when I start something; I'll pickup a ~700 page book, and read through it in 5-7 hours (Depending on how fast the story goes), or I'll start designing or writing, and design a whole site or write something in a single sitting.

I'm like that with anything -but- reading and music.

I'm really obsessive when I start something; I'll pickup a ~700 page book, and read through it in 5-7 hours (Depending on how fast the story goes), or I'll start designing or writing, and design a whole site or write something in a single sitting.
yep. me too

Music is proven to be a great therapy for those who have ADD. They are still researching how the music affects those type of people but it works. That is my psych major showing. lol
I agree music is a great therapy. I love music, and could have music playing all the time and never get tired of it - except when I need to concentrate.

Personally I find Music is very helpful with my ADD and helping me concentrate but during school I was never allowed to listen to it, which caused me to get no higher than a D for my GCSEs. Forsaken, that 'ability' is called Hyperfocus which, I believe, is exclusive to people who suffer from AD(H)D, and/or ASD. I personally feel privileged to have it :D

I agree music is a great therapy. I love music, and could have music playing all the time and never get tired of it - except when I need to concentrate.
I'm planning to become a music therapist in the future with my psychology degree. Barely anything out there on it, I plan to research it and release my papers to magazines and such.

Personally I find Music is very helpful with my ADD and helping me concentrate but during school I was never allowed to listen to it, which caused me to get no higher than a D for my GCSEs. Forsaken, that 'ability' is called Hyperfocus which, I believe, is exclusive to people who suffer from AD(H)D, and/or ASD. I personally feel privileged to have it :D
Yeah I know, but most people who don't have ADD don't usually know the meaning, so I prefer just to explain it rather then using terms that would require them to look it up.

I'm planning to become a music therapist in the future with my psychology degree. Barely anything out there on it, I plan to research it and release my papers to magazines and such.

Thats odd, my therapist when I was younger used music therapy, as well as when I lived out of the states.

I know its also commonly used in other countries.

Top Bottom